Duke University has a long history of innovative partnerships at the intersection of engineering and medicine. In the FY14 academic year, there were approximately $38 million in collaborative research awards between the Pratt School of Engineering and School of Medicine.
Launched in summer 2015, MEDx will build on this foundation by:
- Catalyzing new partnerships between medicine and engineering faculty, fellows and students
- Coordinating efforts for external funding
- Creating a pipeline of early-state research that feeds into Duke-Coulter Partnership funding for translational research
- Developing novel partnerships for translation and an engine for innovation and commercialization
- Creating opportunities for students and trainees to engage in cross-disciplinary research