Support for year-long, team-based research projects that engage faculty, undergraduates, and graduate/professional students in the interdisciplinary exploration of complex societal challenges. Funding ranges from $5,000 - $25,000. In addition to the five themes of Bass Connections, faculty may submit proposals outside of these themes through Bass Connections Open. This year, Bass Connections particularly welcomes and encourages projects focused on racial injustice and inequality, systemic racism and social justice. Graduate students, postdocs and trainees/fellows may also propose projects, but all projects must have at least one faculty leader.
Proposals are due December 4, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
NCBiotech's Flash Grant program aims to identify and energize the most creative ideas that exhibit early indications of commercial potential. Flash Grants infuse funding at a critical early point when a small, targeted influx of funds can be crucial to shaping innovative research ideas into high potential life sciences technologies, particularly in emerging and convering life sciences sectors.
Maximum Award: $20,000
For fiscal year 2021, there will be three submission cycles for the Flash Grant program.
Cycle 1: (closed)
- Novel antibiotics and therapeutics targeting antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Global Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak - COVID-19-specific therapies, vaccine development, diagnosis, and epidemiology
Cycle 2: Deadline Wednesday, November 11, 2020 (noon)
- Microbiome/microbiota in health and disease states
- SARS-CoV-2 Gastrointestinal effects
- SARS-CoV-2 detection via wastewater
Cycle 3: Deadline Wednesday, March 10, 2021 (noon)
- Open round; all topics with some restrictions