MEDx Biomedical Research RFP
This MEDx funding announcement will award funds of up to $50,000 for novel pilot projects that investigate a basic biomedical question or for the development of tools or technologies that enable biomedical discovery. The pilot projects must be collaborations between faculty members in the Pratt School of Engineering and the School of Medicine.
Beyond achieving new partnerships between the School of Medicine and Pratt, this opportunity should catalyze research or development that will lead to follow-on funding, which can take various forms (e.g. NIH, CTSI, or Coulter grant, SBIR).
MEDx is joined in funding this successful applications by the Departments of Pathology and Biostatistics & Bioinformatics and the Duke Cardiovascular Research Center from the School of Medicine, and the Departments of Mechanical Engineering & Material Sciences and Biomedical Engineering in the Pratt School of Engineering.
- Application submission deadline is 11:50 pm on Thursday, January 19, 2017.
- Proposed projects must have a lead investigator from each of the Schools of Medicine and Engineering. The project lead may be from either School.
- Existing collaborators may compete, but the proposed project must be in a new area of research.
- Successful proposals will be awarded up to $50,000. The funding may be used to support fellows, post docs and/or students but not faculty effort or travel. Indirect costs are not supported.
- Due Date: Proposals must be received by 11:59 pm on Thursday, January 19, 2017.
Award Notice: Target is March 15, 2017.
Project Start Date: Target is March 27, 2017.
- Period of Performance: Projects must propose a realistic end date. A 12-month or shorter project period is desirable, but longer periods of performance will be considered if justified.
- View the RFA for full proposal instructions.
MEDx uses the MyResearchProposal online application software to submit applications. To apply:
- To apply, visit http://bit.ly/myresearchproposal, click on “Create New User” (or log in if you already have an account). Proposals may be submitted under either of the Co-Principal Investigator’s name.
- A step-by-step user’s guide for applying via the DTMI MyResearchProposal software is available – here.
- Enter Access Code ‘MEDX’ then select the “MEDx Pilot Project 2017” funding opportunity and follow the instructions.