Duke Supported LabArchives eResearch Notebooks
Duke has signed a contract with LabArchives to provide electronic research notebooks to everyone at Duke at no cost. Duke researchers can improve their data management practices through the use of an electronic research notebook.
What is LabArchives?
- LabArchives is a web-based application for researchers to store, share, and manage their research data.
- Data are securely stored on cloud-based servers, automatically backed up, and available 24/7.
- Notebook access can be granted at discretion of the notebook owner; notebook owner can easily share notebooks with collaborators at and external to Duke.
- Platform is flexible and can be customized to support multiple different research workflows.
- Users can create unlimited notebooks, and storage is unlimited.
**Note that No Sensitive Data or Protected Health Information (PHI) may be stored in LabArchives notebooks, see the FAQ section on the ERN website or contact ASIST for information on where you may store sensitive data/PHI at Duke.**
Set-up your Duke LabArchives account:
- Go to https://mynotebook.labarchives.com/login
- Select "Duke University" on the dropdown list
- Login using your Duke NetID
Support for LabArchives at Duke:
- For questions about how to utilize specific features, visit the LabArchives support page at https://labarchives.kayako.com or contact by email at email@example.com.
- For support on best practices in data management within LabArchives, how to organize notebooks, identifying other Duke resources, additional training and consultation on using LabArchives, visit the ERN webpage or contact ASIST by email at ASIST@duke.edu.