William Schuyler Jones
Associate Professor of MedicineI am an interventional cardiologist with a specific focus on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cardiovascular disease. As a clinician, I see patients in the office and do coronary and peripheral vascular procedures (angiography and interventions) in the Duke Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. I have served as the Medical Director of the cath lab at Duke since 2016. Alongside my partners in the cath lab, we collaborate with our cardiothoracic surgeons to hold Heart Team meetings each week, and we frequently are asked to address complex cardiovascular issues as a multidisciplinary team.
I also have a broad background in cardiovascular site-based research, multicenter clinical trials, clinical event classification, and observational analyses. I have helped to lead clinical trial efforts at the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) by designing and conducting studies evaluating new and existing treatments for patients with coronary artery disease and peripheral artery disease. My specific research interests include examining access to care and disparities in care for patients with peripheral artery disease and the design and conduct of pragmatic clinical trials in cardiovascular disease.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Associate Professor in Population Health Sciences
- Member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: 2400 Pratt Street, 7037, Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (919) 668-8917
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Duke University, 2005
- Duke University, 2004
- M.D. University of Arkansas, Little Rock, 2001
- Jones, WS; Wruck, LM; Harrington, RA; Hernandez, AF, Iterative approaches to the use of electronic health records data for large pragmatic studies., Contemp Clin Trials, vol 117 (2022) [10.1016/j.cct.2022.106789] [abs].
- Harrington, J; Jones, WS; Udell, JA; Hannan, K; Bhatt, DL; Anker, SD; Petrie, MC; Vedin, O; Butler, J; Hernandez, AF, Acute Decompensated Heart Failure in the Setting of Acute Coronary Syndrome., Jacc Heart Fail, vol 10 no. 6 (2022), pp. 404-414 [10.1016/j.jchf.2022.02.008] [abs].
- Writing Committee Members, ; ACC/AHA Joint Committee Members,, 2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure., Journal of Cardiac Failure, vol 28 no. 5 (2022), pp. e1-e167 [10.1016/j.cardfail.2022.02.010] [abs].
- Udell, JA; Jones, WS; Petrie, MC; Harrington, J; Anker, SD; Bhatt, DL; Hernandez, AF; Butler, J, Sodium Glucose Cotransporter-2 Inhibition for Acute Myocardial Infarction: JACC Review Topic of the Week., Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol 79 no. 20 (2022), pp. 2058-2068 [10.1016/j.jacc.2022.03.353] [abs].
- Piccini, JP; Caso, V; Connolly, SJ; Fox, KAA; Oldgren, J; Jones, WS; Gorog, DA; Durdil, V; Viethen, T; Neumann, C; Mundl, H; Patel, MR; PACIFIC-AF Investigators,, Safety of the oral factor XIa inhibitor asundexian compared with apixaban in patients with atrial fibrillation (PACIFIC-AF): a multicentre, randomised, double-blind, double-dummy, dose-finding phase 2 study., Lancet, vol 399 no. 10333 (2022), pp. 1383-1390 [10.1016/S0140-6736(22)00456-1] [abs].