William Schuyler Jones
Associate Professor of MedicineI am an interventional cardiologist with a specific focus on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cardiovascular disease. As a clinician, I see patients in the office and do coronary and peripheral vascular procedures (angiography and interventions) in the Duke Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. I have served as the Medical Director of the cath lab at Duke since 2016. Alongside my partners in the cath lab, we collaborate with our cardiothoracic surgeons to hold Heart Team meetings each week, and we frequently are asked to address complex cardiovascular issues as a multidisciplinary team.
I also have a broad background in cardiovascular site-based research, multicenter clinical trials, clinical event classification, and observational analyses. I have helped to lead clinical trial efforts at the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) by designing and conducting studies evaluating new and existing treatments for patients with coronary artery disease and peripheral artery disease. My specific research interests include examining access to care and disparities in care for patients with peripheral artery disease and the design and conduct of pragmatic clinical trials in cardiovascular disease.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Associate Professor in Population Health Sciences
- Member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: 2400 Pratt Street, 7037, Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (919) 668-8917
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Duke University, 2005
- Duke University, 2004
- M.D. University of Arkansas, Little Rock, 2001
- Gupta, K; Mehta, H; Kim, H; Stebbins, A; Wruck, LM; Muñoz, D; Effron, MB; Anderson, RD; Pepine, CJ; Jain, SK; Girotra, S; DeWalt, DA; Whittle, J; Benziger, CP; Farrehi, P; Zhou, L; Knowlton, KU; Polonsky, TS; Bradley, SM; Harrington, RA; Rothman, RL; Jones, WS; Hernandez, AF, Comparison of the effectiveness and safety of 2 aspirin doses in secondary prevention of cardiovascular outcomes in patients with chronic kidney disease: A subgroup analysis of ADAPTABLE., American Heart Journal, vol 264 (2023), pp. 31-39 [10.1016/j.ahj.2023.06.001] [abs].
- Narcisse, DI; Kim, H; Wruck, LM; Stebbins, AL; Muñoz, D; Kripalani, S; Effron, MB; Gupta, K; Anderson, RD; Jain, SK; Girotra, S; Whittle, J; Benziger, CP; Farrehi, P; Zhou, L; Polonsky, TS; Ahmad, FS; Roe, MT; Rothman, RL; Harrington, RA; Hernandez, AF; Jones, WS, Comparative Effectiveness of Aspirin Dosing in Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Mellitus: A Subgroup Analysis of the ADAPTABLE Trial., Diabetes Care (2023) [10.2337/dc23-0749] [abs].
- Harrington, J; Udell, JA; Jones, WS; Anker, SD; Bhatt, DL; Petrie, MC; Andersen, KR; Sumin, M; Zwiener, I; Hernandez, AF; Butler, J, Baseline characteristics of patients enrolled in the EMPACT-MI trial., Eur J Heart Fail (2023) [10.1002/ejhf.2990] [abs].
- Felker, GM; North, R; Mulder, H; Jones, WS; Anstrom, KJ; Patel, MJ; Butler, J; Ezekowitz, JA; Lam, CSP; O'Connor, CM; Roessig, L; Hernandez, AF; Armstrong, PW; VICTORIA Study Group,, Classification of Heart Failure Events by Severity: Insights From the VICTORIA Trial., Journal of Cardiac Failure, vol 29 no. 8 (2023), pp. 1113-1120 [10.1016/j.cardfail.2023.04.015] [abs].
- Goodwin, NP; Clare, RM; Harrington, JL; Badjatiya, A; Wojdyla, DM; Udell, JA; Butler, J; Januzzi, JL; Parikh, PB; James, S; Alexander, JH; Lopes, RD; Wallentin, L; Ohman, EM; Hernandez, AF; Jones, WS, Morbidity and Mortality Associated With Heart Failure in Acute Coronary Syndrome: A Pooled Analysis of 4 Clinical Trials., Journal of Cardiac Failure (2023) [10.1016/j.cardfail.2023.07.004] [abs].