Walter Neal Simmons
Gendell Family Professor of the Practice
Appointments and Affiliations
- Gendell Family Professor of the Practice
- Professor of the Practice in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 309 Hudson Hall, Box 90300, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5297
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2001
- B.S.E. Bucknell University, 1998
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Klein Family Distinguished Teaching Award. Pratt School of Engineering. 2012
- ENRGYEGR 490: Special Topics in Energy Engineering
- ENRGYEGR 590: Special Topics in Energy Engineering
- ME 391: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 421L: Mechanical Design
- ME 424L: Mechanical Systems Design
- ME 490: Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 491: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- Tran, S; Chen, J; Kozel, G; Chang, ET; Phung, T; Peng, Y; Dionise, Z; Wu, Y; Simmons, WN; Lipkin, ME; Preminger, GM; Zhong, P, Development of an optically transparent kidney model for laser lithotripsy research., Bju Int, vol 132 no. 1 (2023), pp. 36-39 [10.1111/bju.16015] [abs].
- Economopoulos, KP; Fearis, P; Simmons, WN; Richardson, ES; Montgomery, SP, A Portable Negative Pressure Isolation System as a Solution to Minimize Exposure of Health Care Providers to Infectious Pathogens., Am Surg, vol 88 no. 8 (2022), pp. 1901-1903 [10.1177/00031348221086783] [abs].
- Dale, J; Kaplan, AG; Radvak, D; Shin, R; Ackerman, A; Chen, T; Scales, CD; Ferrandino, MN; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Evaluation of a Novel Single-Use Flexible Ureteroscope., J Endourol, vol 35 no. 6 (2021), pp. 903-907 [10.1089/end.2016.0237] [abs].
- Wollin, DA; Tom, WR; Jiang, R; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, An in vitro evaluation of laser settings and location in the efficiency of the popcorn effect., Urolithiasis, vol 47 no. 4 (2019), pp. 377-382 [10.1007/s00240-018-1066-6] [abs].
- Carlos, EC; Li, J; Young, BJ; Radvak, D; Wollin, DA; Winship, BB; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Let's Get to the Point: Comparing Insertion Characteristics and Scope Damage of Flat-Tip and Ball-Tip Holmium Laser Fibers., J Endourol, vol 33 no. 1 (2019), pp. 22-26 [10.1089/end.2018.0229] [abs].