Satish K. Chitneni
Associate Professor in Radiology
The major focus of our research has been on the design, development and evaluation of novel radiotracers based on small molecules for imaging specific molecular targets using positron emission tomography (PET). The imaging targets are usually enzymes, cell surface receptors or transporters that are strongly implicated in or markers of diseases. Fluorine-18, which has a half-life of about 110 min, is ideally suited for radiolabeling of small molecules, and permits PET imaging studies for up to 4 h after injection in vivo. Other radioisotopes of interest for PET radiotracer development include carbon-11 and iodine-124, the latter one has a longer half-life (4.2 days) and enables imaging for up to 1 week after injection of the labeled probe. Another major area of interest include the use of PET imaging for evaluation of novel therapeutics in preclinical models of diseases.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Radiology
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 311 Research Drive, 161-I Bryan Research Building, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-7809
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium), 2007
- Du, K; Chitneni, SK; Suzuki, A; Wang, Y; Henao, R; Hyun, J; Premont, RT; Naggie, S; Moylan, CA; Bashir, MR; Abdelmalek, MF; Diehl, AM, Increased Glutaminolysis Marks Active Scarring in Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Progression., Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol 10 no. 1 (2020), pp. 1-21 [10.1016/j.jcmgh.2019.12.006] [abs].
- Chitneni, SK; Koumarianou, E; Vaidyanathan, G; Zalutsky, MR, Observations on the Effects of Residualization and Dehalogenation on the Utility of N-Succinimidyl Ester Acylation Agents for Radioiodination of the Internalizing Antibody Trastuzumab., Molecules (Basel, Switzerland), vol 24 no. 21 (2019) [10.3390/molecules24213907] [abs].
- Gedeon, PC; Schaller, TH; Chitneni, SK; Choi, BD; Kuan, C-T; Suryadevara, CM; Snyder, DJ; Schmittling, RJ; Szafranski, SE; Cui, X; Healy, PN; Herndon, JE; McLendon, RE; Keir, ST; Archer, GE; Reap, EA; Sanchez-Perez, L; Bigner, DD; Sampson, JH, A Rationally Designed Fully Human EGFRvIII:CD3-Targeted Bispecific Antibody Redirects Human T Cells to Treat Patient-derived Intracerebral Malignant Glioma., Clinical Cancer Research, vol 24 no. 15 (2018), pp. 3611-3631 [10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-17-0126] [abs].
- Chitneni, SK; Yan, H; Zalutsky, MR, Synthesis and Evaluation of a 18F-Labeled Triazinediamine Analogue for Imaging Mutant IDH1 Expression in Gliomas by PET., Acs Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol 9 no. 7 (2018), pp. 606-611 [10.1021/acsmedchemlett.7b00478] [abs].
- Zhou, Z; Chitneni, SK; Devoogdt, N; Zalutsky, MR; Vaidyanathan, G, Fluorine-18 labeling of an anti-HER2 VHH using a residualizing prosthetic group via a strain-promoted click reaction: Chemistry and preliminary evaluation., Bioorg Med Chem, vol 26 no. 8 (2018), pp. 1939-1949 [10.1016/j.bmc.2018.02.040] [abs].