Rasheed Adebayo Gbadegesin
Wilburt C. Davison Distinguished Professor
Genetic risk factors for childhood onset idiopathic nephrotic syndrome
Appointments and Affiliations
- Wilburt C. Davison Distinguished Professor
- Professor of Pediatrics
- Associate Dean for Physician-Scientist Development
- Director of the Office of Physician-Science Development in the School of Medicine
- Professor in Medicine
- Affiliate of Duke Molecular Physiology Institute
- Office Location: T0909-C Children's Hlth Ctr, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-4246
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2007
- New York Presbyterian Hospital, 2004
- University of Ibadan, College of Medicine (Nigeria), 1995
- University of Ibadan, College of Medicine (Nigeria), 1989
- University of Ibadan, College of Medicine (Nigeria), 1988
- M.B.B.S. University of Ibadan, College of Medicine (Nigeria), 1987
- BIOLOGY 293: Research Independent Study
- CRP 270-BST: Research BST
- HGP 301B: Research in HGP
In the News
- Duke Awards 22 Distinguished Professorships (Jun 28, 2021)
- Lane, BM; Chryst-Stangl, M; Wu, G; Shalaby, M; El Desoky, S; Middleton, CC; Huggins, K; Sood, A; Ochoa, A; Malone, AF; Vancini, R; Miller, SE; Hall, G; Kim, SY; Howell, DN; Kari, JA; Gbadegesin, R, Steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome candidate gene CLVS1 regulates podocyte oxidative stress and endocytosis., Jci Insight (2021) [10.1172/jci.insight.152102] [abs].
- Adeyemo, AA; Shriner, D; Bentley, AR; Gbadegesin, RA; Rotimi, CN, Evolutionary genetics and acclimatization in nephrology., Nature Reviews. Nephrology, vol 17 no. 12 (2021), pp. 827-839 [10.1038/s41581-021-00483-7] [abs].
- Shaw, BI; Ochoa, A; Chan, C; Nobuhara, C; Gbadegesin, R; Jackson, AM; Chambers, ET, HLA Loci and Recurrence of Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis in Pediatric Kidney Transplantation., Transplantation Direct, vol 7 no. 10 (2021) [10.1097/TXD.0000000000001201] [abs].
- Bomback, AS; Appel, GB; Gipson, DS; Hladunewich, MA; Lafayette, R; Nester, CM; Parikh, SV; Smith, RJH; Trachtman, H; Heeger, PS; Ram, S; Rovin, BH; Ali, S; Arceneaux, N; Ashoor, I; Bailey-Wickins, L; Barratt, J; Beck, L; Cattran, DC; Cravedi, P; Erkan, E; Fervenza, F; Frazer-Abel, AA; Fremeaux-Bacchi, V; Fuller, L; Gbadegesin, R; Hogan, JJ; Kiryluk, K; le Quintrec-Donnette, M; Licht, C; Mahan, JD; Pickering, MC; Quigg, R; Rheault, M; Ronco, P; Sarwal, MM; Sethna, C; Spino, C; Stegall, M; Vivarelli, M; Feldman, DL; Thurman, JM, Improving Clinical Trials for Anticomplement Therapies in Complement-Mediated Glomerulopathies: Report of a Scientific Workshop Sponsored by the National Kidney Foundation., American Journal of Kidney Diseases : the Official Journal of the National Kidney Foundation (2021) [10.1053/j.ajkd.2021.07.025] [abs].
- Krissberg, JR; Helmuth, ME; Almaani, S; Cai, Y; Cattran, D; Chatterjee, D; Gbadegesin, RA; Gibson, KL; Glenn, DA; Greenbaum, LA; Iragorri, S; Jain, K; Khalid, M; Kidd, JM; Kopp, JB; Lafayette, R; Nestor, JG; Parekh, RS; Reidy, KJ; David T Selewski, ; John Sperati, C; Tuttle, KR; Twombley, K; Vasylyeva, TL; Weaver, DJ; Wenderfer, SE; O'Shaughnessy, MM, Racial-ethnic differences in health-related quality of life among adults and children with glomerular disease., Glomerular Dis, vol 1 no. 3 (2021), pp. 105-117 [10.1159/000516832] [abs].