Purushothama Rao Tata
Assistant Professor of Cell BiologyLung regeneration
Lung stem cells
Single Cell Biology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Cell Biology
- Assistant Professor in Medicine
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Affiliate of the Duke Regeneration Center
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of Ulm (Germany), 2011
- CELLBIO 493: Research Independent Study
- CELLBIO 730: Stem Cell Course
- CMB 710D: Cell & Molecular Biology Module IV
- MOLCAN 730: Stem Cell Course
- PHARM 730: Stem Cell Course
In the News
- NIH-Directors blog- Mini-Lungs in a Lab Dish Mimic Early COVID-19 Infection (Nov 19, 2020 | NIH-Directors blog)
- Lab-Grown Mini-Lungs Mimic the Real Thing – Right Down to Covid Infection (Oct 22, 2020)
- SARS-CoV-2 Targets Many Cell Types, Analysis of Single-Cell Data Suggests (May 11, 2020 | www.hhmi.org)
- Scientists Find Stomach Cells In Lung Cancer (Mar 26, 2018)
- Purushothama Tata: So Many Ideas, So Little Time (Oct 2, 2016)
- Konishi, S; Tata, A; Tata, PR, Defined conditions for long-term expansion of murine and human alveolar epithelial stem cells in three-dimensional cultures, Star Protocols, vol 3 no. 2 (2022), pp. 101447-101447 [10.1016/j.xpro.2022.101447] [abs].
- Leinroth, AP; Mirando, AJ; Rouse, D; Kobayahsi, Y; Tata, PR; Rueckert, HE; Liao, Y; Long, JT; Chakkalakal, JV; Hilton, MJ, Identification of distinct non-myogenic skeletal-muscle-resident mesenchymal cell populations., Cell Reports, vol 39 no. 6 (2022) [10.1016/j.celrep.2022.110785] [abs].
- El Haddad, L; Lai, E; Murthy, P; Tata, PR; ElMallah, MK, GAA Deficiency Disrupts Distal Airway Cells in Pompe Disease, Faseb Journal : Official Publication of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, vol 36 (2022) [10.1096/fasebj.2022.36.S1.L7829] [abs].
- Kadur Lakshminarasimha Murthy, P; Sontake, V; Tata, A; Kobayashi, Y; Macadlo, L; Okuda, K; Conchola, AS; Nakano, S; Gregory, S; Miller, LA; Spence, JR; Engelhardt, JF; Boucher, RC; Rock, JR; Randell, SH; Tata, PR, Human distal lung maps and lineage hierarchies reveal a bipotent progenitor., Nature, vol 604 no. 7904 (2022), pp. 111-119 [10.1038/s41586-022-04541-3] [abs].
- Kadur Lakshminarasimha Murthy, P; Xi, R; Arguijo, D; Everitt, JI; Kocak, DD; Kobayashi, Y; Bozec, A; Vicent, S; Ding, S; Crawford, GE; Hsu, D; Tata, PR; Reddy, T; Shen, X, Epigenetic basis of oncogenic-Kras-mediated epithelial-cellular proliferation and plasticity., Dev Cell, vol 57 no. 3 (2022), pp. 310-328.e9 [10.1016/j.devcel.2022.01.006] [abs].