Piers Christopher Andrew Barker
Professor of PediatricsImproving parent/infant bonding in prenatally diagnosed congenital heart disease
Analysis of advanced cardiac mechanics (strain, strain rate, torsion) in congenital and acquired heart disease by echo and cardiac MRI
Development of novel uses of 3D/4D echo for fetal and congenital heart disease
Sub-maximal exercise testing in congenital and maternal heart disease
Cardiac Mechanics during exercise in pediatrics
Outcome improvement in patients with Functional Single Ventricle and fetal cardiac disease
Application of novel imaging technologies (ultrasound, cardiac MRI, cardiac CT) in fetal, congenital and acquired heart disease
Characterization of rheumatic heart disease and HIV-related cardiomyopathy in developing countries
Cost Effectivess of screening for immune-mediated fetal heart block
Dyssynchrony analysis in pediatric patients
3D printing and computational fluid dynamics in congenital heart disease
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Pediatrics
- Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Office Location: 7605-A Hosp North, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3574
- Email Address: email@example.com
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2001
- Johns Hopkins University, 1998
- Johns Hopkins University, 1996
- M.D. Cornell University, 1995
In the News
- A Heart You Can Hold In Your Hands (Apr 7, 2021 | Duke Stories)
- How 3-D Printing is Changing Surgical Care at Duke (Dec 21, 2017)
- 3D models enhance surgical strategies (Sep 14, 2015 | WRAL)
- Local family shares story during Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week (Feb 11, 2015 | WTVD)
- Williams, JL; Hung, F; Jenista, E; Barker, P; Chakraborty, H; Kim, R; McCrary, AW; Shah, SH; Thielman, N; Bloomfield, GS, Diffuse Myocardial Fibrosis is Uncommon in People with Perinatally Acquired Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection., Res Sq (2023) [10.21203/rs.3.rs-3370759/v1] [abs].
- Moy-Trigilio, KE; Keene, BW; Barker, P; Adin, D, Myocardial Enhancement Following Agitated Saline Contrast Study in a Boxer Dog., Case (Philadelphia, Pa.), vol 7 no. 7 (2023), pp. 292-294 [10.1016/j.case.2023.02.009] [abs].
- Moore, C; McCrary, AW; LeFevre, M; Sturgeon, GM; Barker, PAC; von Ramm, OT, Ultrasound Visualization and Recording of Transient Myocardial Vibrations., Ultrasound Med Biol, vol 49 no. 6 (2023), pp. 1431-1440 [10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2023.02.006] [abs].
- Carmon, P; Fleming, GA; Barker, PCA; Sturgeon, GM; Turek, JW; Chamberlain, RC, Whole-Chest Three-Dimensional Modeling Aids Hybrid Pulmonary Valve Replacement Following Double Switch Operation., World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg, vol 14 no. 1 (2023), pp. 95-97 [10.1177/21501351221132161] [abs].
- Chidyagwai, SG; Vardhan, M; Kaplan, M; Chamberlain, R; Barker, P; Randles, A, Characterization of hemodynamics in anomalous aortic origin of coronary arteries using patient-specific modeling., J Biomech, vol 132 (2022) [10.1016/j.jbiomech.2021.110919] [abs].