Patrick James Codd
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
- Associate Professor in the Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Associate Professor in Head & Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 303 Research Drive, Box 3050, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-2610
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Massachusetts General Hospital, 2014
- Massachusetts General Hospital, 2009
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 2008
- BME 899: Special Readings in Biomedical Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ME 391: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 491: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 591: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
In the News
- Duke MEDx: A Better Way to Clean Public Spaces, Reduce Disease Transmission (Jul 8, 2021 | Duke MEDx)
- Inventing New Ways of Doing Brain Surgery (Jan 13, 2020 | Duke Research Blog)
- As a Buddhist Priest, Neurosurgeon Finds Deep Connection with Patients (Jul 17, 2018 | Duke Health Blog)
- Brain Surgery May Get A Bit Easier, With Augmented Reality (Oct 5, 2016)
- New Clinic Offers Multidisciplinary Approach to Pituitary Tumors (Mar 15, 2016 | Clinical Practice Today)
- Helmkamp, JK; Le, E; Hill, I; Hein, R; Mithani, S; Codd, P; Richard, M, Addressing Surgical Instrument Oversupply: A Focused Literature Review and Case-Study in Orthopedic Hand Surgery., Hand (N Y), vol 17 no. 6 (2022), pp. 1250-1256 [10.1177/15589447211017233] [abs].
- Hill, I; Olivere, L; Helmkamp, J; Le, E; Hill, W; Wahlstedt, J; Khoury, P; Gloria, J; Richard, MJ; Rosenberger, LH; Codd, PJ, Measuring intraoperative surgical instrument use with radio-frequency identification., Jamia Open, vol 5 no. 1 (2022) [10.1093/jamiaopen/ooac003] [abs].
- Lazutkin, A; Hachem, RA; Codd, PJ; Zomorodi, AR; Jang, DW, Use of Tympanostomy T-Tube for Endoscopic Endonasal Marsupialization of Small Rathke's Cleft Cysts: A Case Series, Journal of Neurological Surgery, Part B: Skull Base (2022) [10.1055/s-0042-1755572] [abs].
- Tucker, M; Lacayo, M; Joseph, S; Ross, W; Chongsathidkiet, P; Fecci, P; Codd, PJ, Creation of Non-Contact Device for Use in Metastatic Melanoma Margin Identification in ex vivo Mouse Brain., Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 11945 (2022) [10.1117/12.2608975] [abs].
- Olivere, LA; Hill, IT; Thomas, SM; Codd, PJ; Rosenberger, LH, Radiofrequency Identification Track for Tray Optimization: An Instrument Utilization Pilot Study in Surgical Oncology., J Surg Res, vol 264 (2021), pp. 490-498 [10.1016/j.jss.2021.02.049] [abs].