Lisa Deneen Hobson-Webb
Professor of Neurology
Trained in neuromuscular medicine, my clinical career has focused on the care of patients with genetically mediated neuromuscular disorders, rare peripheral neuropathies, and immune-mediated nerve and muscle disorders and performing high quality electrodiagnostic testing (nerve conduction studies/electromyography). As a researcher, the core aim of my work is applying high resolution ultrasound in the care of patients with neuromuscular diseases. My early work focused on peripheral nerve and is now moving toward muscle imaging. My current research includes muscle ultrasound in late onset Pompe disease and peripheral nerve imaging in acute inflammatory demyelinating radiculoneuropathy. Since 2016, I have collaborated with Dr. Kathryn Nightingale’s biomedical engineering laboratory on applying shear wave imaging to diseases of the nerve and muscle. I am interested in clinical trials for neuromuscular disorders and novel technologies for diagnosing and monitoring neuromuscular disease.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Neurology
- Vice Chair, Clinical Operations in the Department of Neurology
- Office Location: Dept of Medicine, Division of Neurology, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 668-2277
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duke University, 2007
- Wake Forest University, 2005
- Wake Forest University, 2002
- M.D. University of Kentucky, College of Medicine, 2001
- Tawfik, EA; Cartwright, MS; van Alfen, N; Axer, H; Boon, AJ; Crump, N; Grimm, A; Hobson-Webb, LD; Kerasnoudis, A; Mandeville, R; Preston, DC; Sakamuri, S; Shahrizaila, N; Shin, S; Shook, SJ; Wilder-Smith, E; Walker, FO, Neuromuscular ultrasound standardized scanning techniques and protocols: Expert panel recommendations., Muscle &Amp; Nerve, vol 68 no. 4 (2023), pp. 375-379 [10.1002/mus.27830] [abs].
- , Erratum for “Ultrasound‐guided electromyography in plegic muscle: Usefulness of nerve stimulation”, Muscle & Nerve, vol 68 no. 2 (2023) [10.1002/mus.27920] [abs].
- Harada, Y; Bettin, M; Juel, VC; Hobson-Webb, LD; Raja, SM; Sanders, DB; Massey, JM, Pregnancy in MuSK-positive myasthenia gravis: A single-center case series., Muscle &Amp; Nerve, vol 68 no. 1 (2023), pp. 85-90 [10.1002/mus.27839] [abs].
- Sanders, DB; Lutz, MW; Raja, SM; Juel, VC; Guptill, JT; Hobson-Webb, LD; Massey, JM, The Duke Myasthenia Gravis Clinic Registry: II. Analysis of outcomes., Muscle &Amp; Nerve, vol 67 no. 4 (2023), pp. 291-296 [10.1002/mus.27794] [abs].
- Calciano, R; Vallario, N; Marotta, J; Padua, L; Hobson Webb, LD, Utility of Dynamic Ultrasound in Diagnosing Thoracic Pain Due to Iatrogenic Slipping Rib Syndrome., Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine : Official Journal of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, vol 42 no. 4 (2023), pp. 947-949 [10.1002/jum.16066] [abs].