Kris Cameron Wood
Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer BiologyOur laboratory uses genomic and pharmacological approaches to understand how tumor dependencies are shaped by cell intrinsic factors, environmental factors, and drug treatments during the dynamic process of tumor evolution. To learn more, please visit our laboratory website: https://sites.duke.edu/woodlab/.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
- Associate Professor of Cell Biology
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2007
- B.S. University of Kentucky, 2002
- CMB 710B: Cell & Molecular Biology Module II
- CMB 710E: Cell & Molecular Biology Module V
- MOLCAN 818: Molecular Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
- PHARM 393: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 394: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 493: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 494: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 495: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 818: Molecular Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
- UPGEN 778A: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module I
In the News
- Locking Leukemia's Cellular Escape Hatch (Jun 7, 2022 | Pratt)
- Cancer Repair Mechanism Could Be Potential Drug Target (Mar 31, 2022 | Duke Health News)
- Cancer Therapy Using Genetic Targeting and Gel Delivery Shows Promise (Sep 16, 2019 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- From Innovation to Impact (Oct 3, 2018 | Duke Med Alumni News)
- Faculty Startup Sold to Belgian Pharma for $30 Million (Apr 9, 2018)
- Why Do Perfectly Good Cancer Treatments Suddenly Stop Working? (Oct 25, 2017 | Duke Cancer Institute)
- The Challenges of Combating Cancer Drug Resistance (Nov 18, 2015 | Duke Research Blog)
- Researchers Map Paths to Cancer Drug Resistance (Jan 4, 2015 | Duke Today)
- Killarney, ST; Washart, R; Soderquist, RS; Hoj, JP; Lebhar, J; Lin, KH; Wood, KC, Executioner caspases restrict mitochondrial RNA-driven Type I IFN induction during chemotherapy-induced apoptosis., Nature Communications, vol 14 no. 1 (2023) [10.1038/s41467-023-37146-z] [abs].
- Sarosiek, KA; Wood, KC, Endogenous and imposed determinants of apoptotic vulnerabilities in cancer, Trends in Cancer, vol 9 no. 2 (2023), pp. 96-110 [10.1016/j.trecan.2022.10.004] [abs].
- Bassil, CF; Anderson, GR; Mayro, B; Askin, KN; Winter, PS; Gruber, S; Hall, TM; Hoj, JP; Cerda-Smith, C; Hutchinson, HM; Killarney, ST; Singleton, KR; Qin, L; Jubien-Girard, K; Favreau, C; Martin, AR; Robert, G; Benhida, R; Auberger, P; Pendergast, AM; Lonard, DM; Puissant, A; Wood, KC, MCB-613 exploits a collateral sensitivity in drug resistant EGFR -mutant non-small cell lung cancer through covalent inhibition of KEAP1., Biorxiv (2023) [10.1101/2023.01.17.524094] [abs].
- Goodwin, CM; Waters, AM; Klomp, JE; Javaid, S; Bryant, KL; Stalnecker, CA; Drizyte-Miller, K; Papke, B; Yang, R; Amparo, AM; Ozkan-Dagliyan, I; Baldelli, E; Calvert, V; Pierobon, M; Sorrentino, JA; Beelen, AP; Bublitz, N; Lüthen, M; Wood, KC; Petricoin, EF; Sers, C; McRee, AJ; Cox, AD; Der, CJ, Combination Therapies with CDK4/6 Inhibitors to Treat KRAS-Mutant Pancreatic Cancer., Cancer Res, vol 83 no. 1 (2023), pp. 141-157 [10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-22-0391] [abs].
- Wood, KC; Gutkind, JS, Challenges and Emerging Opportunities for Targeting mTOR in Cancer., Cancer Res, vol 82 no. 21 (2022), pp. 3884-3887 [10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-22-0602] [abs].