Howard Wayne Francis
Richard Hall Chaney, Sr. Distinguished Professor of Otolaryngology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Richard Hall Chaney, Sr. Distinguished Professor of Otolaryngology
- Professor of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Science
- Chair of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Office Location: 40 Duke Medicine Circle, DUMC Box 3805, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3834
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1997
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1996
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1991
- M.B.A. Johns Hopkins University, 2012
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 1990
- Brenner, MJ; Nelson, RF; Valdez, TA; Moody-Antonio, SA; Nathan, C-AO; St John, MA; Francis, HW, Centralized Otolaryngology Research Efforts: Stepping-stones to Innovation and Equity in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery., Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery : Official Journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, vol 166 no. 6 (2022), pp. 1192-1195 [10.1177/01945998211065465] [abs].
- Wilson, BS; Tucci, DL; Moses, DA; Chang, EF; Young, NM; Zeng, F-G; Lesica, NA; Bur, AM; Kavookjian, H; Mussatto, C; Penn, J; Goodwin, S; Kraft, S; Wang, G; Cohen, JM; Ginsburg, GS; Dawson, G; Francis, HW, Harnessing the Power of Artificial Intelligence in Otolaryngology and the Communication Sciences., J Assoc Res Otolaryngol, vol 23 no. 3 (2022), pp. 319-349 [10.1007/s10162-022-00846-2] [abs].
- Smith, BD; Martin, HL; Francis, HW; Cunningham, CD, Vein Graft Tympanoplasty: How a Transiently Used Graft Material Transformed Middle Ear Surgery., Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery : Official Journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, vol 166 no. 2 (2022), pp. 334-336 [10.1177/01945998211012292] [abs].
- Borre, ED; Myers, ER; Dubno, JR; O'Donoghue, GM; Diab, MM; Emmett, SD; Saunders, JE; Der, C; McMahon, CM; Younis, D; Francis, HW; Tucci, DL; Wilson, BS; Ogbuoji, O; Schmidler, GDS, Development and validation of DeciBHAL-US: A novel microsimulation model of hearing loss across the lifespan in the United States., Eclinicalmedicine, vol 44 (2022) [10.1016/j.eclinm.2021.101268] [abs].
- Munjal, T; Nathan, C-A; Brenner, MJ; Stankovic, KM; Francis, HW; Valdez, TA, Re-engineering the Surgeon-Scientist Pipeline: Advancing Diversity and Equity to Fuel Scientific Innovation., Laryngoscope, vol 131 no. 10 (2021), pp. 2161-2163 [10.1002/lary.29800] [abs].