Benjamin Aaron Alman
James R. Urbaniak, M.D., Distinguished Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- James R. Urbaniak, M.D., Distinguished Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
- Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Chair of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor in Cell Biology
- Professor in Pediatrics
- Professor in the Department of Pathology
- Professor in Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Co-Director of the Duke Regeneration Center
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.D. Thomas Jefferson University, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, 1986
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- New Investigator Recognition Award Winners. Orthopaedic Research Society. 1992
- PATHOL 793: Research Independent Study
In the News
- We Now Know Why It Takes Longer for Older People's Bones to Heal (Jan 22, 2020 | Duke Health News)
- Scientists Identify ‘Youth Factor’ in Blood Cells That Speeds Fracture Repair (Dec 5, 2018 | Duke Health News)
- Cheese curds and mustard baths: 6 wacky ways Olympians prep for competition (Aug 8, 2016 | STAT)
- Scientists Trace Origin Cell of Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors, Test Drug Target (Jul 15, 2016)
- Duke Study: Old Bones Can Regain Youthful Healing Power (May 20, 2015)
- Gene Mutation Drives Cartilage Tumor Formation (Feb 17, 2015)
- Naert, T; Tulkens, D; Van Nieuwenhuysen, T; Przybyl, J; Demuynck, S; van de Rijn, M; Al-Jazrawe, M; Alman, BA; Coucke, PJ; De Leeneer, K; Vanhove, C; Savvides, SN; Creytens, D; Vleminckx, K, CRISPR-SID: Identifying EZH2 as a druggable target for desmoid tumors via in vivo dependency mapping., Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, vol 118 no. 47 (2021) [10.1073/pnas.2115116118] [abs].
- Tang, YJ; Puviindran, V; Xiang, Y; Yahara, Y; Zhang, H; Nadesan, P; Diao, Y; Kirsch, DG; Alman, BA, Tumor-propagating side population cells are a dynamic subpopulation in undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma., Jci Insight, vol 6 no. 22 (2021) [10.1172/jci.insight.148768] [abs].
- Rickert, KD; Arrigoni, P; Guzel, CR; Barber, HF; Alman, BA; Lark, RK, Growth Modulation by Stimulating the Growth Plate: A Pilot Study., Ultrasound Med Biol, vol 47 no. 8 (2021), pp. 2339-2345 [10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2021.03.036] [abs].
- Pathmanapan, S; Ilkayeva, O; Martin, JT; Loe, AKH; Zhang, H; Zhang, G-F; Newgard, CB; Wunder, JS; Alman, BA, Mutant IDH and non-mutant chondrosarcomas display distinct cellular metabolomes., Cancer & Metabolism, vol 9 no. 1 (2021) [10.1186/s40170-021-00247-8] [abs].
- Zhang, H; Alman, BA, Enchondromatosis and Growth Plate Development., Curr Osteoporos Rep, vol 19 no. 1 (2021), pp. 40-49 [10.1007/s11914-020-00639-7] [abs].