Benjamin Aaron Alman
James R. Urbaniak, M.D., Distinguished Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- James R. Urbaniak, M.D., Distinguished Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
- Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Chair of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor in Cell Biology
- Professor in Pediatrics
- Professor in the Department of Pathology
- Professor in Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
- Professor in Neurosurgery
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Co-Director of the Duke Regeneration Center
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.D. Thomas Jefferson University, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, 1986
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- New Investigator Recognition Award Winners. Orthopaedic Research Society. 1992
- ORTHO 222C: Orthopaedic Surgery Experience
- ORTHO 421C: Fractures/Musculoskeletal Trauma
- ORTHO 429C: Sub-Internship in Orthopaedic Surgery
- ORTHO 433C: Pediatric Orthopaedics
- PATHOL 793: Research Independent Study
In the News
- We Now Know Why It Takes Longer for Older People's Bones to Heal (Jan 22, 2020 | Duke Health News)
- Scientists Identify ‘Youth Factor’ in Blood Cells That Speeds Fracture Repair (Dec 5, 2018 | Duke Health News)
- Cheese curds and mustard baths: 6 wacky ways Olympians prep for competition (Aug 8, 2016 | STAT)
- Scientists Trace Origin Cell of Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors, Test Drug Target (Jul 15, 2016 | Duke Today)
- Duke Study: Old Bones Can Regain Youthful Healing Power (May 20, 2015 | Duke Today)
- Gene Mutation Drives Cartilage Tumor Formation (Feb 17, 2015 | Duke Today)
- Catanzano, AA; Hutyra, C; Risoli, TJ; Green, CL; Mather, RC; Alman, B, Cast or Nail? Using a Preference-Based Tool for Shared Decision-Making in Pediatric Femoral Shaft Fracture Treatment., J Pediatr Orthop, vol 43 no. 8 (2023), pp. 498-504 [10.1097/BPO.0000000000002463] [abs].
- Tsang, B; Aakef, M; Nourmohammad, A; McKinney, JR; Modares, M; Levine, M; Alman, B; Moody, AR; Doria, AS, Evaluating the Outcomes and Trainee Performance of a Canadian Medical Imaging Clinician Investigator Program., Can Assoc Radiol J (2023) [10.1177/08465371231181484] [abs].
- Sessler, DI; Alman, B; Treggiari, MM; Mont, MA, Pro-Con Debate: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Industry-Sponsored Research., Anesth Analg, vol 136 no. 6 (2023), pp. 1055-1063 [10.1213/ANE.0000000000006386] [abs].
- Sessler, DI; Alman, BA; Treggiari, MM; Mont, MA, Pro-Con Debate: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Industry-Sponsored Research., J Arthroplasty, vol 38 no. 6 (2023), pp. 986-991 [10.1016/j.arth.2023.02.018] [abs].
- Bartholf DeWitt, S; Hoskinson Plumlee, S; Brighton, HE; Sivaraj, D; Martz, EJ; Zand, M; Kumar, V; Sheth, MU; Floyd, W; Spruance, JV; Hawkey, N; Varghese, S; Ruan, J; Kirsch, DG; Somarelli, JA; Alman, B; Eward, WC, Loss of ATRX promotes aggressive features of osteosarcoma with increased NF-κB signaling and integrin binding., Jci Insight, vol 7 no. 17 (2022) [10.1172/jci.insight.151583] [abs].