Julie Bryce, B.A., freelance Chief Marketing Officer
Michael Laut, MID, CEO of Laut Design
Sponsored by Duke MEDx and Duke Engineering Entrepreneurship (EngEn)
7 - 10 p.m.
Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Registration is required: https://duke.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8cTadnh2zARJUkl
Attendance is limited to 75
If you have any questions or after registering you find that you will be unable to attend, contact Donna Crenshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Industry Research: Learn to collect data related to ergonomics, ethnography, style and color preference, to name a few. Knowing your user well means we can earn their brand loyalty.
- Concept Ideation: Visualizing a concept with sketches is quick, effective, and freeform – meaning it leaves an opportunity for variations and improvement.
- Digital Renderings: Learn the value of state-of-the-art hardware and software that allow our team to draw on-screen, producing a more true-to-life image. The end result is a very convincing visual of a refined idea with full color, materials, shading, and lighting.
- Digital CAD Modeling: CAD models are engineered solutions that address function related to mechanics, electronics, ergonomics, and dozens of other areas critical to product performance. This data is crucial for prototype development, realistic visualization, and manufacturing cost estimation.
- Photorealistic Renderings: Rendering techniques get investors interested and customers excited. They’re a great way to launch a Kickstarter campaign, start advertising early, or even take pre-orders.
- Prototype Fabrication: Learn about cutting-edge prototyping capabilities. We employ the latest 3D printing techniques, machining equipment, and automated and manual finishing processes to ensure we’re capable of building a functional, beautiful proof-of-concept out of almost any material.