Kaganov Research Initiative Seminar Series
MEDx is pleased to announce a new seminar series: The Kaganov Research Initiative in Pulmonary Medicine and Engineering Seminar. These seminars will feature experts in lung function and diseases.
The first seminar will be held on December 11, 2018, and will feature Dr. Tushar Desai from the Stanford Child Health Research Initiative. Dr. Desai is a pulmonary physician-scientist who studies the basic biology of lung alveolar development, maintenance, and repair. He investigates how proliferation and differentiation of the alveolar epithelial type II (AT2) stem cell is regulated and how these stem cells can participate in diseases like lung adenocarcinoma and IPF. Dr. Desai is also interested in harnessing the regenerative capacity of lung stem cells for the treatment of diseases like cystic fibrosis and IPF.
Lung Stem Cells and Wnts in Health and Fibrosis
Tuesday, December 11, 2018
4:30 – 5:30 P.M.
103 Bryan Research Center
We will welcome five other speakers throughout the 2018 – 2019 academic year:
- March 5, 2019: James Hagood, M.D., UNC Hospitals Children’s Specialty Clinic
- March 19, 2019: Alan Fine, M.D., Boston University School of Medicine
- March 26, 2019: Wellington Cardoso, M.D., Ph,D., Columbia University
- April 10, 2019: Mark Krasnow, M.D., Ph.D., Stanford University School of Medicine
- May 2, 2019: Ed Morrissey, Ph.D., Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania