Call for Proposals: Duke Gastroenterology and Hepatology Pilot Research Grants - Submissions due January 31, 2018
This internal funding announcement will award funds of up to $20,000 for novel pilot projects that investigate a research question related to disorders of the digestive tract. The pilot projects must be collaborations between faculty members in the Pratt School of Engineering and the Division of Gastroenterology in the School of Medicine.
Beyond achieving new partnerships between the School of Medicine and Pratt, this opportunity should catalyze research or development that will lead to follow-on funding, which can take various forms (e.g. NIH, CTSI, Coulter, SBIR). Funding support for this RFP comes from the Division of Gastroenterology.
- Proposed projects must have a lead investigator from each of the Division of Gastroenterology and the Pratt School of Engineering. The project lead may be from either School.
- Existing collaborators may compete, but the proposed project must be in a new area of research.
Deadline and Details
- Due Date: Proposals must be received by 11:59pm on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
- Award Notice: Target is March 1, 2018.
- Project Start Date: Target is April 2, 2018.
- Period of Performance: Projects must propose a realistic end date. A 12-month or shorter project period is desirable, but longer periods of performance will be considered if justified.
- Successful proposals will be awarded up to $20,000. The funding may be used to support fellows, post docs and/or students, but use of the entire award to fund effort is discouraged. The funding may not be used to support faculty effort or travel. Indirect costs are not supported.
- View the RFA for full proposal instructions.
MEDx uses the MyResearchProposal online application software to submit applications. To apply:
- Visit MyResearchProposal, click on "Create New User" (or log in if you already have an account). Proposals may be submitted under either of the Co-Principal Investigator's names.
- A step-by-step user's guide for applying via the MyResearchProposal software is available. Please review this document.
- Enter Access Code 'MEDX' then select the "MEDx GI Pilot Project 2018" funding opportunity and follow the instructions.
- For any questions concerning MyResearchProposal passwords or system issues, please contact Anita Grissom or Kara McKelvey at email@example.com.
For questions about this RFP, please contact Andrew Muir, MD (Chief of Gastroenterology at firstname.lastname@example.org.