This internal funding announcement will award funds of up to $100,000 for a single pilot project. The successful application will describe research that benefits patient health by providing important disease insights, or by developing technologies to aid in disease prevention, diagnosis or treatment in the field of immunology. The pilot projects represent collaborations between faculty members in the Pratt School of Engineering and the School of Medicine.
Beyond achieving new partnerships between the School of Medicine and Pratt, this opportunity should catalyze research or development that will lead to follow-on funding, which can take various forms (e.g. NIH, CTSI, or Coulter grant, SBIR).
Funding support for this RFP comes from both the Translating Duke Health Initiative for Immunology and MEDx.
Application submission deadline is 11:59 pm on Wednesday, August 29, 2018.
- Proposals must be submitted by Duke regular rank faculty and comply with the Duke University Policy on PI Status in the Duke Faculty Handbook.
- Proposals are encouraged from new teams of investigators or existing collaborators proposing a new research topic.
- One successful proposal will be selected for funding of up to $100,000.
- More than one proposal may be submitted per faculty member acting as PI, but the faculty member is only eligible to receive one award as PI during a given funding cycle.
- Research teams must include at least one investigator with a primary appointment in Duke School of Medicine and at least one investigator with a primary appointment in the Pratt School of Engineering.
- Teams whose proposal to a previous MEDx Pilot Project RFA was not selected for funding may resubmit the proposal if it meets the requirements for this announcement.
- Final Selection: Late September, 2018
- Funding Period: November 1, 2018 – October 31, 2019
- View the RFA for full proposal instructions.
MEDx uses the MyResearchProposal online application software to submit applications. To apply:
- To apply, visit My Research Proposal, click on “Create New User” (or log in if you already have an account). Proposals must be submitted under the Principal Investigator’s name.
- A step-by-step user’s guide for applying via the MyResearchProposal software is available - Please review this document.
- Enter Access Code ‘MEDX’ then select the “MEDx Pilot Projects 2018” funding opportunity and follow the instructions.
- For questions concerning MyResearchProposal passwords or system issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.