William Schuyler Jones
Associate Professor of MedicineI am an interventional cardiologist with a specific focus on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with vascular disease, and I perform coronary and peripheral angiography and interventions. I have a broad background in cardiovascular site-based research, multicenter clinical trials, clinical event classification, and observational analyses. Currently, I am helping to lead a Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) effort to coordinate a multinational, multicenter randomized clinical trial evaluating antiplatelet agents in the treatment of patients with peripheral artery disease. I have served as a physician reviewer for the
Clinical Events Classification (CEC) group at the DCRI and have been the Assistant Director of CEC since 2015. I am also the medical director of the Duke Heart Center Clinical Research Unit that manages each clinical research cluster including Cath Lab, EP, Heart Failure, General Cardiology, and Imaging.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Associate Professor in Population Health Sciences
- Member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: 2400 Pratt Street, 7037, Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (919) 668-8917
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duke University, 2005
- Duke University, 2004
- M.D. University of Arkansas, Little Rock, 2001
- Fudim, M; Boortz-Marx, RL; Ganesh, A; DeVore, AD; Patel, CB; Rogers, JG; Coburn, A; Johnson, I; Paul, A; Coyne, BJ; Rao, SV; Gutierrez, JA; Kiefer, TL; Kong, DF; Green, CL; Jones, WS; Felker, GM; Hernandez, AF; Patel, MR, Splanchnic Nerve Block for Chronic Heart Failure., Jacc Heart Fail, vol 8 no. 9 (2020), pp. 742-752 [10.1016/j.jchf.2020.04.010] [abs].
- Fudim, M; Hopley, CW; Huang, Z; Kavanagh, S; Rockhold, FW; Baumgartner, I; Berger, JS; Blomster, JI; Fowkes, FGR; Katona, BG; Mahaffey, KW; Norgren, L; Ostrom, C; Patel, MR; Jones, WS; Hiatt, WR, Association of Hypertension and Arterial Blood Pressure on Limb and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Symptomatic Peripheral Artery Disease: The EUCLID Trial., Circulation Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes (2020) [10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.120.006512] [abs].
- Duscha, BD; Kraus, WE; Jones, WS; Robbins, JL; Piner, LW; Huffman, KM; Allen, JD; Annex, BH, Skeletal muscle capillary density is related to anaerobic threshold and claudication in peripheral artery disease., Vasc Med (2020) [10.1177/1358863X20945794] [abs].
- Weissler, EH; Lippmann, SJ; Smerek, MM; Ward, RA; Kansal, A; Brock, A; Sullivan, RC; Long, C; Patel, MR; Greiner, MA; Hardy, NC; Curtis, LH; Jones, WS, Model-Based Algorithms for Detecting Peripheral Artery Disease Using Administrative Data From an Electronic Health Record Data System: Algorithm Development Study., Jmir Medical Informatics, vol 8 no. 8 (2020) [10.2196/18542] [abs].
- Atwater, BD; Jones, WS; Loring, Z; Friedman, DJ, Changes in the optimal cardiac resynchronization therapy pacing configuration during physiologic stress., J Electrocardiol, vol 62 (2020), pp. 124-128 [10.1016/j.jelectrocard.2020.08.012] [abs].