William Schuyler Jones
Associate Professor of MedicineI am an interventional cardiologist with a specific focus on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with vascular disease, and I perform coronary and peripheral angiography and interventions. I have a broad background in cardiovascular site-based research, multicenter clinical trials, clinical event classification, and observational analyses. Currently, I am helping to lead a Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) effort to coordinate a multinational, multicenter randomized clinical trial evaluating antiplatelet agents in the treatment of patients with peripheral artery disease. I have served as a physician reviewer for the
Clinical Events Classification (CEC) group at the DCRI and have been the Assistant Director of CEC since 2015. I am also the medical director of the Duke Heart Center Clinical Research Unit that manages each clinical research cluster including Cath Lab, EP, Heart Failure, General Cardiology, and Imaging.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Associate Professor in Population Health Sciences
- Member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: 2400 Pratt Street, 7037, Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (919) 668-8917
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Duke University, 2005
- Duke University, 2004
- M.D. University of Arkansas, Little Rock, 2001
- Narcisse, DI; Ford, CB; Weissler, EH; Lippmann, SJ; Smerek, MM; Greiner, MA; Hardy, NC; O'Brien, B; Sullivan, RC; Brock, AJ; Long, C; Curtis, LH; Patel, MR; Jones, WS, The association of healthcare disparities and patient-specific factors on clinical outcomes in peripheral artery disease., American Heart Journal, vol 239 (2021), pp. 135-146 [10.1016/j.ahj.2021.05.014] [abs].
- Kochar, A; Summers, MB; Benziger, CP; Marquis-Gravel, G; DeWalt, DA; Pepine, CJ; Gupta, K; Bradley, SM; Dodson, JA; Lampert, BC; Robertson, H; Polonsky, TS; Jones, WS; Effron, MB, Clinician engagement in the ADAPTABLE (Aspirin Dosing: A Patient-centric Trial Assessing Benefits and Long-Term Effectiveness) trial., Clin Trials, vol 18 no. 4 (2021), pp. 449-456 [10.1177/1740774520988838] [abs].
- Writing Committee Members, ; Otto, CM; Nishimura, RA; Bonow, RO; Carabello, BA; Erwin, JP; Gentile, F; Jneid, H; Krieger, EV; Mack, M; McLeod, C; O'Gara, PT; Rigolin, VH; Sundt, TM; Thompson, A; Toly, C; ACC/AHA Joint Committee Members, ; Beckman, JA; Levine, GN; Al-Khatib, SM; Armbruster, A; Birtcher, KK; Ciggaroa, J; Deswal, A; Dixon, DL; Fleisher, LA; de Las Fuentes, L; Goldberger, ZD; Gorenek, B; Haynes, N; Hernandez, AF; Hlatky, MA; Joglar, JA; Jones, WS; Marine, JE; Mark, D; Palaniappan, L; Piano, MR; Spatz, ES; Tamis-Holland, J; Wijeysundera, DN; Woo, YJ, 2020 ACC/AHA guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines., The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol 162 no. 2 (2021), pp. e183-e353 [10.1016/j.jtcvs.2021.04.002] [abs].
- Goyal, A; Schibler, T; Alhanti, B; Hannan, KL; Granger, CB; Blazing, MA; Lopes, RD; Alexander, JH; Peterson, ED; Rao, SV; Green, JB; Roe, MT; Rorick, T; Berdan, LG; Reist, C; Mahaffey, KW; Harrington, RA; Califf, RM; Patel, MR; Hernandez, AF; Jones, WS, Assessment of North American Clinical Research Site Performance During the Start-up of Large Cardiovascular Clinical Trials., Jama Network Open, vol 4 no. 7 (2021) [10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.17963] [abs].
- Writing Committee Members, ; Ommen, SR; Mital, S; Burke, MA; Day, SM; Deswal, A; Elliott, P; Evanovich, LL; Hung, J; Joglar, JA; Kantor, P; Kimmelstiel, C; Kittleson, M; Link, MS; Maron, MS; Martinez, MW; Miyake, CY; Schaff, HV; Semsarian, C; Sorajja, P; ACC/AHA Joint Committee Members, ; O'Gara, PT; Beckman, JA; Levine, GN; Al-Khatib, SM; Armbruster, A; Birtcher, KK; Ciggaroa, J; Dixon, DL; de Las Fuentes, L; Fleisher, LA; Gentile, F; Goldberger, ZD; Gorenek, B; Haynes, N; Hernandez, AF; Hlatky, MA; Jones, WS; Marine, JE; Mark, D; Palaniappan, L; Piano, MR; Tamis-Holland, J; Wijeysundera, DN; Woo, YJ, 2020 AHA/ACC guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines., The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol 162 no. 1 (2021), pp. e23-e106 [10.1016/j.jtcvs.2021.04.001] [abs].