William Schuyler Jones
Associate Professor of MedicineI am an interventional cardiologist with a specific focus on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with vascular disease, and I perform coronary and peripheral angiography and interventions. I have a broad background in cardiovascular site-based research, multicenter clinical trials, clinical event classification, and observational analyses. Currently, I am helping to lead a Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) effort to coordinate a multinational, multicenter randomized clinical trial evaluating antiplatelet agents in the treatment of patients with peripheral artery disease. I have served as a physician reviewer for the
Clinical Events Classification (CEC) group at the DCRI and have been the Assistant Director of CEC since 2015. I am also the medical director of the Duke Heart Center Clinical Research Unit that manages each clinical research cluster including Cath Lab, EP, Heart Failure, General Cardiology, and Imaging.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Associate Professor in Population Health Sciences
- Member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: 2400 Pratt Street, 7037, Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (919) 668-8917
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Duke University, 2005
- Duke University, 2004
- M.D. University of Arkansas, Little Rock, 2001
- Weissler, EH; Aboyans, V; Bauersachs, R; Brodmann, M; Nikol, S; Debus, S; Patel, MR; Jones, WS, The Role for Combined Antithrombotic Therapy With Platelet and Coagulation Inhibition After Lower Extremity Revascularization., Jacc. Cardiovascular Interventions, vol 14 no. 7 (2021), pp. 796-802 [10.1016/j.jcin.2021.01.035] [abs].
- Weissler, EH; Clare, RM; Lokhnygina, Y; Buse, JB; Goodman, SG; Katona, B; Iqbal, N; Pagidipati, NJ; Sattar, N; Holman, RR; Hernandez, AF; Mentz, RJ; Patel, MR; Jones, WS, Predicting major adverse limb events in individuals with type 2 diabetes: Insights from the EXSCEL trial., Diabet Med (2021) [10.1111/dme.14552] [abs].
- Lopes, RD; Thomas, L; Di Fusco, M; Keshishian, A; Luo, X; Li, X; Masseria, C; Friend, K; Mardekian, J; Pan, X; Yuce, H; Jones, WS, Clinical and Economic Outcomes Among Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation Patients With Coronary Artery Disease and/or Peripheral Artery Disease., Am J Cardiol (2021) [10.1016/j.amjcard.2021.02.021] [abs].
- Weissler, EH; Annapureddy, A; Wang, Y; Secemsky, EA; Shishehbor, MH; Mena-Hurtado, C; Jelani, Q-U-A; Aronow, HD; Tsai, TT; Patel, MR; Curtis, JP; Jones, WS, Paclitaxel-coated devices in the treatment of femoropopliteal stenosis among patients ≥65 years old: An ACC PVI Registry Analysis., American Heart Journal, vol 233 (2021), pp. 59-67 [10.1016/j.ahj.2020.12.004] [abs].
- Gutierrez, JA; Rao, SV; Jones, WS; Secemsky, EA; Aday, AW; Gu, L; Schulteis, RD; Krucoff, MW; White, R; Armstrong, EJ; Banerjee, S; Tsai, S; Patel, MR; Swaminathan, RV, Survival and Causes of Death Among Veterans With Lower Extremity Revascularization With Paclitaxel-Coated Devices: Insights From the Veterans Health Administration., Journal of the American Heart Association, vol 10 no. 4 (2021) [10.1161/JAHA.120.018149] [abs].