William Schuyler Jones
Associate Professor of MedicineI am an interventional cardiologist with a specific focus on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cardiovascular disease. As a clinician, I see patients in the office and do coronary and peripheral vascular procedures (angiography and interventions) in the Duke Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. I have served as the Medical Director of the cath lab at Duke since 2016. Alongside my partners in the cath lab, we collaborate with our cardiothoracic surgeons to hold Heart Team meetings each week, and we frequently are asked to address complex cardiovascular issues as a multidisciplinary team.
I also have a broad background in cardiovascular site-based research, multicenter clinical trials, clinical event classification, and observational analyses. I have helped to lead clinical trial efforts at the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) by designing and conducting studies evaluating new and existing treatments for patients with coronary artery disease and peripheral artery disease. My specific research interests include examining access to care and disparities in care for patients with peripheral artery disease and the design and conduct of pragmatic clinical trials in cardiovascular disease.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Associate Professor in Population Health Sciences
- Member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: 2400 Pratt Street, 7037, Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (919) 668-8917
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duke University, 2005
- Duke University, 2004
- M.D. University of Arkansas, Little Rock, 2001
- Pokorney, SD; Berchuck, SI; Chiswell, K; Sun, J-L; Thomas, L; Jones, WS; Patel, MR; Piccini, JP, Atrial branch coronary artery stenosis as a mechanism for atrial fibrillation., Heart Rhythm, vol 19 no. 8 (2022), pp. 1237-1244 [10.1016/j.hrthm.2021.12.020] [abs].
- Pohlman, FW; Ford, CB; Weissler, EH; Smerek, MM; Hardy, NC; Narcisse, DI; Lippmann, SJ; Greiner, MA; Long, C; Rymer, JA; Gutierrez, JA; Patel, MR; Jones, WS, Impact of risk factor control on peripheral artery disease outcomes and health disparities., Vasc Med, vol 27 no. 4 (2022), pp. 323-332 [10.1177/1358863X221084360] [abs].
- Attar, R; Wu, A; Wojdyla, D; Jensen, SE; Andell, P; Mahaffey, KW; Roe, MT; James, SK; Wallentin, L; Vemulapalli, S; Alexander, JH; Lopes, RD; Ohman, EM; Hernandez, AF; Patel, MR; Jones, WS, Outcomes After Acute Coronary Syndrome in Patients With Diabetes Mellitus and Peripheral Artery Disease (from the TRACER, TRILOGY-ACS, APPRAISE-2, and PLATO Clinical Trials)., Am J Cardiol (2022) [10.1016/j.amjcard.2022.04.062] [abs].
- Weissler, EH; Wang, Y; Gales, JM; Feldman, DN; Arya, S; Secemsky, EA; Aronow, HD; Hawkins, BM; Gutierrez, JA; Patel, MR; Curtis, JP; Jones, WS; Swaminathan, RV, Cardiovascular and Limb Events Following Endovascular Revascularization Among Patients ≥65 Years Old: An American College of Cardiology PVI Registry Analysis., Journal of the American Heart Association (2022) [10.1161/JAHA.121.024279] [abs].
- Szarek, M; Hess, C; Patel, MR; Jones, WS; Berger, JS; Baumgartner, I; Katona, B; Mahaffey, KW; Norgren, L; Blomster, J; Rockhold, FW; Hsia, J; Fowkes, FGR; Bonaca, MP, Total Cardiovascular and Limb Events and the Impact of Polyvascular Disease in Chronic Symptomatic Peripheral Artery Disease., Journal of the American Heart Association, vol 11 no. 11 (2022) [10.1161/JAHA.122.025504] [abs].