William Schuyler Jones
Associate Professor of MedicineI am an interventional cardiologist with a specific focus on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cardiovascular disease. As a clinician, I see patients in the office and do coronary and peripheral vascular procedures (angiography and interventions) in the Duke Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. I have served as the Medical Director of the cath lab at Duke since 2016. Alongside my partners in the cath lab, we collaborate with our cardiothoracic surgeons to hold Heart Team meetings each week, and we frequently are asked to address complex cardiovascular issues as a multidisciplinary team.
I also have a broad background in cardiovascular site-based research, multicenter clinical trials, clinical event classification, and observational analyses. I have helped to lead clinical trial efforts at the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) by designing and conducting studies evaluating new and existing treatments for patients with coronary artery disease and peripheral artery disease. My specific research interests include examining access to care and disparities in care for patients with peripheral artery disease and the design and conduct of pragmatic clinical trials in cardiovascular disease.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Associate Professor in Population Health Sciences
- Member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: 2400 Pratt Street, 7037, Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (919) 668-8917
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duke University, 2005
- Duke University, 2004
- M.D. University of Arkansas, Little Rock, 2001
- Sleem, A; Effron, MB; Stebbins, A; Wruck, LM; Marquis-Gravel, G; Muñoz, D; Re, RN; Gupta, K; Pepine, CJ; Jain, SK; Girotra, S; Whittle, J; Benziger, CP; Farrehi, PM; Knowlton, KU; Polonsky, TS; Roe, MT; Rothman, RL; Harrington, RA; Jones, WS; Hernandez, AF, Effectiveness and Safety of Enteric-Coated vs Uncoated Aspirin in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease: A Secondary Analysis of the ADAPTABLE Randomized Clinical Trial., Jama Cardiol, vol 8 no. 11 (2023), pp. 1061-1069 [10.1001/jamacardio.2023.3364] [abs].
- Writing Committee Members, ; Isselbacher, EM; Preventza, O; Hamilton Black, J; Augoustides, JG; Beck, AW; Bolen, MA; Braverman, AC; Bray, BE; Brown-Zimmerman, MM; Chen, EP; Collins, TJ; DeAnda, A; Fanola, CL; Girardi, LN; Hicks, CW; Hui, DS; Schuyler Jones, W; Kalahasti, V; Kim, KM; Milewicz, DM; Oderich, GS; Ogbechie, L; Promes, SB; Ross, EG; Schermerhorn, ML; Singleton Times, S; Tseng, EE; Wang, GJ; Woo, YJ; Peer Review Committee Members, ; Faxon, DP; Upchurch, GR; Aday, AW; Azizzadeh, A; Boisen, M; Hawkins, B; Kramer, CM; Luc, JGY; MacGillivray, TE; Malaisrie, SC; Osteen, K; Patel, HJ; Patel, PJ; Popescu, WM; Rodriguez, E; Sorber, R; Tsao, PS; Santos Volgman, A; AHA/ACC Joint Committee Members, ; Beckman, JA; Otto, CM; O'Gara, PT; Armbruster, A; Birtcher, KK; de Las Fuentes, L; Deswal, A; Dixon, DL; Gorenek, B; Haynes, N; Hernandez, AF; Joglar, JA; Jones, WS; Mark, D; Mukherjee, D; Palaniappan, L; Piano, MR; Rab, T; Spatz, ES; Tamis-Holland, JE, 2022 ACC/AHA guideline for the diagnosis and management of aortic disease: A report of the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines., The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol 166 no. 5 (2023), pp. e182-e331 [10.1016/j.jtcvs.2023.04.023] [abs].
- Rymer, J; Anand, SS; Sebastian Debus, E; Haskell, LP; Hess, CN; Jones, WS; Muehlhofer, E; Berkowitz, SD; Bauersachs, RM; Bonaca, MP; Patel, MR, Rivaroxaban Plus Aspirin Versus Aspirin Alone After Endovascular Revascularization for Symptomatic PAD: Insights From VOYAGER PAD., Circulation (2023) [10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.122.063806] [abs].
- Girotra, S; Stebbins, A; Wruck, L; Marquis-Gravel, G; Gupta, K; Farrehi, P; Benziger, CP; Effron, MB; Whittle, J; Muñoz, D; Kripalani, S; Anderson, RD; Jain, SK; Polonsky, TS; Ahmad, FS; Roe, MT; Rothman, RL; Harrington, RA; Hernandez, AF; Jones, WS, Aspirin Dosing for Secondary Prevention of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in Patients Treated With P2Y12 Inhibitors., Journal of the American Heart Association, vol 12 no. 20 (2023) [10.1161/JAHA.123.030385] [abs].
- Jones, WS, Timing Is Everything - Evidence for When to Perform Complete Revascularization in STEMI., The New England Journal of Medicine, vol 389 no. 15 (2023), pp. 1427-1428 [10.1056/NEJMe2308993] [abs].