Saurabh Ranjan Sinha
Associate Professor of NeurologyMy research and clinical interests are in improving surgical outcomes for patients with intractable seizures and normal imaging studies (non-lesional epilepsy). I also have a research interest in ICU EEG monitoring with emphasis on quantitative EEG and seizure burden.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Neurology
- Office Location: 295 Hanes Hse, 330 Trent Drive, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3532
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2005
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2003
- Baylor College of Medicine, 2000
- M.D. Baylor College of Medicine, 1999
- Ph.D. Baylor College of Medicine, 1997
In the News
- Robot Reduces Need for Open Brain Surgery to Map Epileptic Seizures (Jan 20, 2017 | Duke Health Blog)
- Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring May Be Feasible During Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy (Oct 11, 2016 | Clinical Practice Today)
- Kossoff, EH; Rowley, H; Sinha, SR; Vining, EPG, A prospective study of the modified Atkins diet for intractable epilepsy in adults., Epilepsia, vol 49 no. 2 (2008), pp. 316-319 [10.1111/j.1528-1167.2007.01256.x] [abs].
- Huang, YH; Muralidharan, S; Sinha, SR; Kao, JPY; Bergles, DE, Ncm-D-aspartate: a novel caged D-aspartate suitable for activation of glutamate transporters and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors in brain tissue., Neuropharmacology, vol 49 no. 6 (2005), pp. 831-842 [10.1016/j.neuropharm.2005.07.018] [abs].
- Sinha, SR; Kossoff, EH, The ketogenic diet., The Neurologist, vol 11 no. 3 (2005), pp. 161-170 [10.1097/01.nrl.0000160818.58821.d2] [abs].
- Sinha, SR; Crone, NE; Fotta, R; Lenz, F; Boatman, DF, Transient unilateral hearing loss induced by electrocortical stimulation., Neurology, vol 64 no. 2 (2005), pp. 383-385 [10.1212/01.WNL.0000149524.11371.B1] [abs].
- Huang, YH; Sinha, SR; Tanaka, K; Rothstein, JD; Bergles, DE, Astrocyte glutamate transporters regulate metabotropic glutamate receptor-mediated excitation of h