Saurabh Ranjan Sinha
Associate Professor of NeurologyMy research and clinical interests are in improving surgical outcomes for patients with intractable seizures and normal imaging studies (non-lesional epilepsy). I also have a research interest in ICU EEG monitoring with emphasis on quantitative EEG and seizure burden.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Neurology
- Office Location: 295 Hanes Hse, 330 Trent Drive, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3532
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2005
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2003
- Baylor College of Medicine, 2000
- M.D. Baylor College of Medicine, 1999
- Ph.D. Baylor College of Medicine, 1997
In the News
- Robot Reduces Need for Open Brain Surgery to Map Epileptic Seizures (Jan 20, 2017 | Duke Health Blog)
- Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring May Be Feasible During Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy (Oct 11, 2016 | Clinical Practice Today)
- Kossoff, EH; Rowley, H; Sinha, SR; Vining, EPG, A prospective study of the modified Atkins diet for intractable epilepsy in adults., Epilepsia, vol 49 no. 2 (2008), pp. 316-319 [10.1111/j.1528-1167.2007.01256.x] [abs].
- Huang, YH; Muralidharan, S; Sinha, SR; Kao, JPY; Bergles, DE, Ncm-D-aspartate: a novel caged D-aspartate suitable for activation of glutamate transporters and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors in brain tissue., Neuropharmacology, vol 49 no. 6 (2005), pp. 831-842 [10.1016/j.neuropharm.2005.07.018] [abs].
- Sinha, SR; Kossoff, EH, The ketogenic diet., The Neurologist, vol 11 no. 3 (2005), pp. 161-170 [10.1097/01.nrl.0000160818.58821.d2] [abs].
- Sinha, SR; Crone, NE; Fotta, R; Lenz, F; Boatman, DF, Transient unilateral hearing loss induced by electrocortical stimulation., Neurology, vol 64 no. 2 (2005), pp. 383-385 [10.1212/01.WNL.0000149524.11371.B1] [abs].
- Huang, YH; Sinha, SR; Tanaka, K; Rothstein, JD; Bergles, DE, Astrocyte glutamate transporters regulate metabotropic glutamate receptor-mediated excitation of hippocampal interneurons., Journal of Neuroscience, vol 24 no. 19 (2004), pp. 4551-4559 [10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5217-03.2004] [abs].
- Dooley, KE; Sinha, SR; Haponik, E; Conwit, R; Sevransky, JE, A 39-year-old man with hip pain and respiratory failure., Chest, vol 121 no. 4 (2002), pp. 1345-1349 [10.1378/chest.121.4.1345] [abs].
- Sinha, SR; Saggau, P, Imaging of 4-AP-induced, GABA(A)-dependent spontaneous synchronized activity mediated by the hippocampal interneuron network., Journal of Neurophysiology, vol 86 no. 1 (2001), pp. 381-391 [10.1152/jn.2001.86.1.381] [abs].
- Sinha, SR; Saggau, P, Simultaneous optical recording of membrane potential and intracellular calcium from brain slices., Methods (San Diego, Calif.), vol 18 no. 2 (1999), pp. 204-175 [10.1006/meth.1999.0773] [abs].
- Sinha, SR; Wu, LG; Saggau, P, Presynaptic calcium dynamics and transmitter release evoked by single action potentials at mammalian central synapses., Biophysical Journal, vol 72 no. 2 Pt 1 (1997), pp. 637-651 [10.1016/s0006-3495(97)78702-2] [abs].
- Sinha, SR; Patel, SS; Saggau, P, Simultaneous optical recording of evoked and spontaneous transients of membrane potential and intracellular calcium concentration with high spatio-temporal resolution., Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol 60 no. 1-2 (1995), pp. 49-60 [10.1016/0165-0270(94)00219-7] [abs].
- Nathan, SS; Sinha, SR; Gordon, B; Lesser, RP; Thakor, NV, Determination of current density distributions generated by electrical stimulation of the human cerebral cortex., Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, vol 86 no. 3 (1993), pp. 183-192 [10.1016/0013-4694(93)90006-h] [abs].