Sarah Catherine Ellestad
Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
The focus of my career has centered on prenatal diagnosis, ultrasound imaging and ultrasound guided procedures. As an active member of the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine I participate in clinical research efforts through recruitment of patients to trials within the division and in coordination with the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Office Location: Pavilion East at Lakeview, 2608 Erwin Road, Suite 200, Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (919) 681-5220
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duke University, 2006
- Tufts University, 2003
- Baystate Medical Center, 2003
- M.D. State University of New York Upstate Medical University, 1999
- Cragun, JM; Ellestad, SC; Panni, MK, Amniotic fluid embolism presenting after uterine manipulation under general anesthesia: a case with a positive outcome., Resuscitation, vol 77 no. 1 (2008), pp. 145-146 [10.1016/j.resuscitation.2007.11.011] [abs].
- Ellestad, SC; Swamy, GK; Sinclair, T; James, AH; Heine, RP; Murtha, AP, Preterm premature rupture of membrane management--inpatient versus outpatient: a retrospective review., American Journal of Perinatology, vol 25 no. 1 (2008), pp. 69-73 [10.1055/s-2007-1004830] [abs].
- Ellestad, SC; Zimmerman, SA; Thornburg, C; Mitchell, TE; Swamy, GK; James, AH, Severe factor V deficiency presenting with intracranial haemorrhage during gestation., Haemophilia : the Official Journal of the World Federation of Hemophilia, vol 13 no. 4 (2007), pp. 432-434 [10.1111/j.1365-2516.2007.01469.x] [abs].
- Ellestad, SC; Wells, SR; Kuller, JA, First trimester screening., Gynecologic and Obstetric Investigation, vol 60 no. 1 (2005), pp. 58-62 [10.1159/000083485] [abs].
- Ellestad, SC; Shelton, S; James, AH, Prenatal diagnosis of a trauma-related fetal epidural hematoma., Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol 104 no. 6 (2004), pp. 1298-1300 [10.1097/01.AOG.0000141568.66660.0f] [abs].