Associate Professor in Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Member of Duke Center for Applied Genomics and Precision Medicine
- Office Location: 140 Science Drive, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 668-0647
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Technical University of Denmark (Denmark), 2011
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 493: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- IDS 793: Independent Study
In the News
- Duke Researchers Look to Help Protect Astronaut's Eyes in Space (Sep 14, 2020 | Precision Medicine)
- New Collaborative Seed Grant Program Gives Eight Awards (Mar 16, 2016)
- Economou-Zavlanos, NJ; Bessias, S; Cary, MP; Bedoya, AD; Goldstein, BA; Jelovsek, JE; O'Brien, CL; Walden, N; Elmore, M; Parrish, AB; Elengold, S; Lytle, KS; Balu, S; Lipkin, ME; Shariff, AI; Gao, M; Leverenz, D; Henao, R; Ming, DY; Gallagher, DM; Pencina, MJ; Poon, EG, Translating ethical and quality principles for the effective, safe and fair development, deployment and use of artificial intelligence technologies in healthcare., J Am Med Inform Assoc (2023) [10.1093/jamia/ocad221] [abs].
- Steinbrink, JM; Liu, Y; Henao, R; Tsalik, EL; Ginsburg, GS; Ramsburg, E; Woods, CW; McClain, MT, 305. PBMC-Derived Transcriptomic Signatures Accurately Discriminate Between Viral, Bacterial, and Fungal Infections and can be Translated to Real-World Human Infections, Open Forum Infectious Diseases, vol 10 no. Supplement_2 (2023) [10.1093/ofid/ofad500.377] [abs].
- Dow, ER; Jeong, HK; Katz, EA; Toth, CA; Wang, D; Lee, T; Kuo, D; Allingham, MJ; Hadziahmetovic, M; Mettu, PS; Schuman, S; Carin, L; Keane, PA; Henao, R; Lad, EM, A Deep-Learning Algorithm to Predict Short-Term Progression to Geographic Atrophy on Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography., Jama Ophthalmology, vol 141 no. 11 (2023), pp. 1052-1061 [10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2023.4659] [abs].
- Mallya, P; Stevens, LM; Zhao, J; Hong, C; Henao, R; Economou-Zavlanos, N; Wojdyla, DM; Schibler, T; Manchanda, V; Pencina, MJ; Hall, JL, Facilitating Harmonization of Variables in Framingham, MESA, ARIC, and REGARDS Studies Through a Metadata Repository., Circulation Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes, vol 16 no. 11 (2023) [10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.123.009938] [abs].
- Pavon, JM; Previll, L; Woo, M; Henao, R; Solomon, M; Rogers, U; Olson, A; Fischer, J; Leo, C; Fillenbaum, G; Hoenig, H; Casarett, D, Machine learning functional impairment classification with electronic health record data., Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol 71 no. 9 (2023), pp. 2822-2833 [10.1111/jgs.18383] [abs].