Rasheed Adebayo Gbadegesin
Wilburt C. Davison Distinguished Professor
Genetic risk factors for childhood onset idiopathic nephrotic syndrome
Appointments and Affiliations
- Wilburt C. Davison Distinguished Professor
- Professor of Pediatrics
- Associate Dean for Physician-Scientist Development
- Director of the Office of Physician-Science Development in the School of Medicine
- Professor in Medicine
- Affiliate of Duke Molecular Physiology Institute
- Office Location: 2301 Erwin Rd, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-4246
- Email Address: email@example.com
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2007
- New York Presbyterian Hospital, 2004
- University of Ibadan, College of Medicine (Nigeria), 1995
- University of Ibadan, College of Medicine (Nigeria), 1989
- University of Ibadan, College of Medicine (Nigeria), 1988
- M.B.B.S. University of Ibadan, College of Medicine (Nigeria), 1987
- BIOLOGY 293: Research Independent Study
- CRP 270-BST: Research BST
- HGP 301B: Research in HGP
In the News
- Shaping the Future of Medicine by Providing Medical Students With Hands-on Lab Training (Aug 2, 2023 | School of Medicine)
- Duke Awards 22 Distinguished Professorships (Jun 28, 2021)
- Gupta, Y; Friedman, DJ; McNulty, MT; Khan, A; Lane, B; Wang, C; Ke, J; Jin, G; Wooden, B; Knob, AL; Lim, TY; Appel, GB; Huggins, K; Liu, L; Mitrotti, A; Stangl, MC; Bomback, A; Westland, R; Bodria, M; Marasa, M; Shang, N; Cohen, DJ; Crew, RJ; Morello, W; Canetta, P; Radhakrishnan, J; Martino, J; Liu, Q; Chung, WK; Espinoza, A; Luo, Y; Wei, W-Q; Feng, Q; Weng, C; Fang, Y; Kullo, IJ; Naderian, M; Limdi, N; Irvin, MR; Tiwari, H; Mohan, S; Rao, M; Dube, GK; Chaudhary, NS; Gutiérrez, OM; Judd, SE; Cushman, M; Lange, LA; Lange, EM; Bivona, DL; Verbitsky, M; Winkler, CA; Kopp, JB; Santoriello, D; Batal, I; Pinheiro, SVB; Oliveira, EA; Simoes E Silva, AC; Pisani, I; Fiaccadori, E; Lin, F; Gesualdo, L; Amoroso, A; Ghiggeri, GM; D'Agati, VD; Magistroni, R; Kenny, EE; Loos, RJF; Montini, G; Hildebrandt, F; Paul, DS; Petrovski, S; Goldstein, DB; Kretzler, M; Gbadegesin, R; Gharavi, AG; Kiryluk, K; Sampson, MG; Pollak, MR; Sanna-Cherchi, S, Strong protective effect of the APOL1 p.N264K variant against G2-associated focal segmental glomerulosclerosis and kidney disease., Nature Communications, vol 14 no. 1 (2023) [10.1038/s41467-023-43020-9] [abs].
- Patel, M; Hornik, C; Diamantidis, C; Selewski, DT; Gbadegesin, R, A reappraisal of risk factors for hypertension after pediatric acute kidney injury., Pediatr Nephrol (2023) [10.1007/s00467-023-06222-3] [abs].
- Thompson, EJ; Zimmerman, KO; Gonzalez, D; Foote, HP; Park, S; Hill, KD; Hurst, JH; Hornik, CD; Chamberlain, RC; Gbadegesin, RA; Hornik, CP, Population Pharmacokinetics of Caffeine in Neonates with Congenital Heart Disease and Associations with Acute Kidney Injury., J Clin Pharmacol (2023) [10.1002/jcph.2382] [abs].
- Patel, M; Hornik, C; Diamantidis, C; Selewski, DT; Gbadegesin, R, Patient level factors increase risk of acute kidney disease in hospitalized children with acute kidney injury., Pediatr Nephrol, vol 38 no. 10 (2023), pp. 3465-3474 [10.1007/s00467-023-05997-9] [abs].
- Hingorani, S; Gibson, KL; Xie, Y; Wang, Y; Eddy, S; Hartman, J; Sampson, M; Cassol, C; Thomas, D; Gipson, DS; Trachtman, H; Srivastava, T; Reidy, K; NEPTUNE Pediatric Working Group,, The association of low birthweight and prematurity on outcomes in children and adults with nephrotic syndrome-a NEPTUNE cohort study., Pediatr Nephrol, vol 38 no. 10 (2023), pp. 3297-3308 [10.1007/s00467-023-05876-3] [abs].