Rasheed Adebayo Gbadegesin
Wilburt C. Davison Distinguished Professor
Genetic risk factors for childhood onset idiopathic nephrotic syndrome
Appointments and Affiliations
- Wilburt C. Davison Distinguished Professor
- Professor of Pediatrics
- Associate Dean for Physician-Scientist Development
- Director of the Office of Physician-Science Development in the School of Medicine
- Professor in Medicine
- Affiliate of Duke Molecular Physiology Institute
- Office Location: T0909-C Children's Hlth Ctr, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-4246
- Email Address: email@example.com
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2007
- New York Presbyterian Hospital, 2004
- University of Ibadan, College of Medicine (Nigeria), 1995
- University of Ibadan, College of Medicine (Nigeria), 1989
- University of Ibadan, College of Medicine (Nigeria), 1988
- M.B.B.S. University of Ibadan, College of Medicine (Nigeria), 1987
- CRP 270-BST: Research BST
- HGP 301B: Research in HGP
In the News
- Duke Awards 22 Distinguished Professorships (Jun 28, 2021)
- Adeyemo, AA; Shriner, D; Bentley, AR; Gbadegesin, RA; Rotimi, CN, Evolutionary genetics and acclimatization in nephrology., Nature Reviews. Nephrology (2021) [10.1038/s41581-021-00483-7] [abs].
- Johnson, KS; Gbadegesin, R; McMillan, AE; Molner, S; Boulware, LE; Svetkey, LP, Diversifying the Research Workforce as a Programmatic Priority for a Career Development Award Program at Duke University., Acad Med, vol 96 no. 6 (2021), pp. 836-841 [10.1097/ACM.0000000000004002] [abs].
- McElvaine, AT; Hawkins-Salsbury, JA; Arora, VM; Gladwin, MT; Goldenring, JR; Huston, DP; Krakow, D; Rhee, K; Solway, J; Steinman, RA; Towler, DA; Utz, PJ; Yokoyama, WM; Simpson, RL; Muglia, LJ; Permar, SR; Gbadegesin, RA, Innovations in MD-only physician-scientist training: experiences from the Burroughs Wellcome Fund physician-scientist institutional award initiative., J Clin Invest, vol 131 no. 10 (2021) [10.1172/JCI149948] [abs].
- Lane, BM; Murray, S; Benson, K; Bierzynska, A; Chryst-Stangl, M; Wang, L; Wu, G; Cavalleri, G; Doyle, B; Fennelly, N; Dorman, A; Conlon, S; Vega-Warner, V; Fermin, D; Vijayan, P; Qureshi, MA; Shril, S; Barua, M; Hildebrandt, F; Pollak, M; Howell, D; Sampson, MG; Saleem, M; Conlon, PJ; Spurney, R; Gbadegesin, R, A Rare Autosomal Dominant Variant in Regulator of Calcineurin Type 1 (RCAN1) Gene Confers Enhanced Calcineurin Activity and May Cause FSGS., J Am Soc Nephrol (2021) [10.1681/ASN.2020081234] [abs].
- Freedman, BI; Burke, W; Divers, J; Eberhard, L; Gadegbeku, CA; Gbadegesin, R; Hall, ME; Jones-Smith, T; Knight, R; Kopp, JB; Kovesdy, CP; Norris, KC; Olabisi, OA; Roberts, GV; Sedor, JR; Blacksher, E, Diagnosis, Education, and Care of Patients with APOL1-Associated Nephropathy: A Delphi Consensus and Systematic Review., J Am Soc Nephrol (2021) [10.1681/ASN.2020101399] [abs].