Piers Christopher Andrew Barker
Professor of PediatricsImproving parent/infant bonding in prenatally diagnosed congenital heart disease
Analysis of advanced cardiac mechanics (strain, strain rate, torsion) in congenital and acquired heart disease by echo and cardiac MRI
Development of novel uses of 3D/4D echo for fetal and congenital heart disease
Sub-maximal exercise testing in congenital and maternal heart disease
Cardiac Mechanics during exercise in pediatrics
Outcome improvement in patients with Functional Single Ventricle and fetal cardiac disease
Application of novel imaging technologies (ultrasound, cardiac MRI, cardiac CT) in fetal, congenital and acquired heart disease
Characterization of rheumatic heart disease and HIV-related cardiomyopathy in developing countries
Cost Effectivess of screening for immune-mediated fetal heart block
Dyssynchrony analysis in pediatric patients
3D printing and computational fluid dynamics in congenital heart disease
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Pediatrics
- Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Office Location: 7605-A Hosp North, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3574
- Email Address: email@example.com
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2001
- Johns Hopkins University, 1998
- Johns Hopkins University, 1996
- M.D. Cornell University, 1995
In the News
- How 3-D Printing is Changing Surgical Care at Duke (Dec 21, 2017)
- 3D models enhance surgical strategies (Sep 14, 2015 | WRAL)
- Local family shares story during Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week (Feb 11, 2015 | WTVD)
- Hill, KD; Maharaj, AR; Li, JS; Thompson, E; Barker, PCA; Hornik, CP, A Randomized, Controlled Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamics Trial of Ambrisentan After Fontan Surgery., Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, vol 21 no. 9 (2020), pp. e795-e803 [10.1097/PCC.0000000000002410] [abs].
- Williams, JL; Lockhart, JL; Miller, SG; Barker, PCA; Campbell, MJ, Left-sided congenitally unguarded tricuspid valve with congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries: A rare diagnosis confirmed by three-dimensional echocardiography., Echocardiography (Mount Kisco, N.Y.), vol 37 no. 7 (2020), pp. 1101-1104 [10.1111/echo.14683] [abs].
- Barker, PCA; Lewin, MB; Donofrio, MT; Altman, CA; Ensing, GJ; Arya, B; Swaminathan, M, Specific Considerations for Pediatric, Fetal, and Congenital Heart Disease Patients and Echocardiography Service Providers during the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak: Council on Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease Supplement to the Statement of the American Society of Echocardiography: Endorsed by the Society of Pediatric Echocardiography and the Fetal Heart Society., J Am Soc Echocardiogr, vol 33 no. 6 (2020), pp. 658-665 [10.1016/j.echo.2020.04.005] [abs].
- Corey, KM; Campbell, MJ; Hill, KD; Hornik, CP; Krasuski, R; Barker, PC; Jaquiss, RDB; Li, JS, Pulmonary Valve Endocarditis: The Potential Utility of Multimodal Imaging Prior to Surgery., World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg, vol 11 no. 2 (2020), pp. 192-197 [10.1177/2150135119896287] [abs].
- Su, P-C; Miller, S; Idriss, S; Barker, P; Wu, H-T, Recovery of the fetal electrocardiogram for morphological analysis from two trans-abdominal channels via optimal shrinkage., Physiological Measurement, vol 40 no. 11 (2019) [10.1088/1361-6579/ab4b13] [abs].