Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
- Assistant Research Professor in Cell Biology
- Associate Professor in Immunology
- Associate Professor in Cell Biology
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Location: 3 Genome Ct, Msrbiii Room 6144, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-6121
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Imperial College London (United Kingdom), 2007
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- New Investigator Award . International Society to Advance Alzheimer's Research and Treatment (ISTAART). 2019
- Active Member (by election). Association of University Anesthesiologists. 2018
- Junior Faculty Award. Association of University Anesthesiologists. 2014
- New Investigator Award. International Society for the Study of Fatty Acids and Lipids. 2014
- Young Investigator Award in Inflammation. Eicosanoid Research Foundation. 2013
- Young Investigator Scholarship. Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation. 2011
- Prize for Contribution Neuroscience Course. Keele University, U.K.. 2007
In the News
- Nerve Stimulation in Mice Suggests New Way to Reduce Delirium After Surgery (Oct 11, 2018 | Duke Health News)
- Supplemental Grant Aids Search for Answers to Post-Anesthesia Memory Problems (Jul 12, 2016 | Duke Translational Medicine Institute / DukeCTSA)
- Terrando, N; Park, JJ; Devinney, M; Chan, C; Cooter, M; Avasarala, P; Mathew, JP; Quinones, QJ; Maddipati, KR; Berger, M; MADCO-PC Study Team,, Immunomodulatory lipid mediator profiling of cerebrospinal fluid following surgery in older adults., Scientific Reports, vol 11 no. 1 (2021) [10.1038/s41598-021-82606-5] [abs].
- VanDusen, KW; Li, Y-J; Cai, V; Hall, A; Hiles, S; Thompson, JW; Moseley, MA; Cooter, M; Acker, L; Levy, JH; Ghadimi, K; Quiñones, QJ; Devinney, MJ; Chung, S; Terrando, N; Moretti, EW; Browndyke, JN; Mathew, JP; Berger, M; MADCO-PC Investigators,, Cerebrospinal Fluid Proteome Changes in Older Non-Cardiac Surgical Patients with Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction., J Alzheimers Dis, vol 80 no. 3 (2021), pp. 1281-1297 [10.3233/JAD-201544] [abs].
- Miller-Rhodes, P; Gelbard, HA; Terrando, N, This Is Your Brain on (Low) Glucose., Trends in Neurosciences, vol 43 no. 12 (2020), pp. 933-935 [10.1016/j.tins.2020.09.002] [abs].
- Yang, T; Velagapudi, R; Terrando, N, Neuroinflammation after surgery: from mechanisms to therapeutic targets., Nat Immunol, vol 21 no. 11 (2020), pp. 1319-1326 [10.1038/s41590-020-00812-1] [abs].
- Wang, D-S; Terrando, N; Orser, BA, Targeting microglia to mitigate perioperative neurocognitive disorders., Bja: British Journal of Anaesthesia, vol 125 no. 3 (2020), pp. 229-232 [10.1016/j.bja.2020.06.027] [abs].