Associate Professor of SurgeryFibrosis
Medical device development including hernia mesh, tissue engineered skin and wound care technologies
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Surgery
- Associate Professor in Pathology
- Associate Professor in Dermatology
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Office Location: Dept of Surgery, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-8661
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.D. University of Texas, Medical Branch at Galveston, 1997
- PATHOL 293: Research Independent Study
- PATHOL 793: Research Independent Study
In the News
- From Innovation to Impact (Oct 3, 2018 | Duke Med Alumni News)
- Bond, JE; Ho, TQ; Selim, MA; Hunter, CL; Bowers, EV; Levinson, H, Temporal spatial expression and function of non-muscle myosin II isoforms IIA and IIB in scar remodeling., Lab Invest, vol 91 no. 4 (2011), pp. 499-508 [10.1038/labinvest.2010.181] [abs].
- Komatsu, I; Bond, J; Selim, A; Tomasek, JJ; Levin, LS; Levinson, H, Dupuytren's fibroblast contractility by sphingosine-1-phosphate is mediated through non-muscle myosin II., J Hand Surg Am, vol 35 no. 10 (2010), pp. 1580-1588 [10.1016/j.jhsa.2010.07.009] [abs].
- Yang, J; Erdmann, D; Chang, JC; Komatsu, I; Zhang, Y; Wang, D; Hodavance, MS; Hollenbeck, ST; Levinson, H; Klitzman, B; Levin, LS, A model of sequential heart and composite tissue allotransplant in rats., Plast Reconstr Surg, vol 126 no. 1 (2010), pp. 80-86 [10.1097/PRS.0b013e3181dbbb64] [abs].
- Fearmonti, R; Bond, J; Erdmann, D; Levinson, H, A review of scar scales and scar measuring devices., Eplasty, vol 10 (2010) [abs].
- Hillyer, S; Vicens, JC; Levinson, H; Bhayani, R; Mesea, L; Chaudhry, R; Fayans, E; Fogler, R, Alveolar soft-part sarcoma of the tongue in a 17-month-old., Ear Nose Throat J, vol 88 no. 10 (2009), pp. E4-E9 [abs].
- Lee, CC; Golub, R; Singer, AJ; Cantu, R; Levinson, H, Routine versus selective abdominal computed tomography scan in the evaluation of right lower quadrant pain: a randomized controlled trial., Acad Emerg Med, vol 14 no. 2 (2007), pp. 117-122 [10.1197/j.aem.2006.08.007] [abs].
- Khyrul, WAKM; LaLonde, DP; Brown, MC; Levinson, H; Turner, CE, The integrin-linked kinase regulates cell morphology and motility in a rho-associated kinase-dependent manner., The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol 279 no. 52 (2004), pp. 54131-54139 [10.1074/jbc.M410051200] [abs].
- Levinson, H; Moyer, KE; Saggers, GC; Ehrlich, HP, Calmodulin-myosin light chain kinase inhibition changes fibroblast-populated collagen lattice contraction, cell migration, focal adhesion formation, and wound contraction., Wound Repair and Regeneration, vol 12 no. 5 (2004), pp. 505-511 [10.1111/j.1067-1927.2004.012502.x] [abs].
- Levinson, H; Sil, AK; Conwell, JE; Hopper, JE; Ehrlich, HP, Alpha V integrin prolongs collagenase production through Jun activation binding protein 1., Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol 53 no. 2 (2004), pp. 155-161 [10.1097/01.sap.0000112281.97409.a6] [abs].
- Levinson, H; Turner, CE; Ehrlich, HP, Integrin-linked kinase: a possible role in scar contracture., Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol 52 no. 2 (2004), pp. 204-211 [10.1097/01.sap.0000100893.35542.f6] [abs].
- Levinson, H; Hopper, JE; Ehrlich, HP, Overexpression of integrin alphav promotes human osteosarcoma cell populated collagen lattice contraction and cell migration., Journal of Cellular Physiology, vol 193 no. 2 (2002), pp. 219-224 [10.1002/jcp.10164] [abs].
- Levinson, H; Peled, Z; Liu, W; Longaker, MT; Allison, GM; Ehrlich, HP, Fetal rat amniotic fluid: transforming growth factor beta and fibroblast collagen lattice contraction., Journal of Surgical Research, vol 100 no. 2 (2001), pp. 205-210 [10.1006/jsre.2001.6243] [abs].
- Chin, GS; Lee, S; Hsu, M; Liu, W; Kim, WJ; Levinson, H; Longaker, MT, Discoidin domain receptors and their ligand, collagen, are temporally regulated in fetal rat fibroblasts in vitro., Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol 107 no. 3 (2001), pp. 769-776 [10.1097/00006534-200103000-00018] [abs].
- Chin, GS; Liu, W; Steinbrech, D; Hsu, M; Levinson, H; Longaker, MT, Cellular signaling by tyrosine phosphorylation in keloid and normal human dermal fibroblasts., Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol 106 no. 7 (2000), pp. 1532-1540 [10.1097/00006534-200012000-00014] [abs].
- Chin, GS; Kim, WJ; Lee, TY; Liu, W; Saadeh, PB; Lee, S; Levinson, H; Gittes, GK; Longaker, MT, Differential expression of receptor tyrosine kinases and Shc in fetal and adult rat fibroblasts: toward defining scarless versus scarring fibroblast phenotypes., Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol 105 no. 3 (2000), pp. 972-979 [10.1097/00006534-200003000-00021] [abs].