James B. Duke Distinguished Professor of Biochemistry
Appointments and Affiliations
- James B. Duke Distinguished Professor of Biochemistry
- Professor of Biochemistry
- Professor of Chemistry
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Yale University, 2000
- BIOCHEM 393: Research Independent Study
- BIOCHEM 593: Research Independent Study
- BIOCHEM 695: Understanding NMR Spectroscopy
- PHARM 493: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 494: Research Independent Study
In the News
- Al-Hashimi Receives Prestigious National Academy of Sciences Award in Molecular Biology (Jan 22, 2020 | School of Medicine)
- Foundation Funds an 'Expedition' to Map Novel Structures in the Human Genome (Jul 18, 2018 | School of Medicine)
- Molecular Movies of RNA Guide Drug Discovery (May 4, 2018)
- A Mutational Timer is Built Into the Chemistry of DNA (Jan 31, 2018)
- A weird twist in DNA might explain why it’s such a great blueprint for life (Aug 3, 2016 | The Washington Post)
- DNA's Dynamic Nature Well-Suited for Blueprint of Life (Jul 29, 2016)
- Biochem Grad Student Finalist for International Prize (Jun 7, 2016)
- Drug made from bananas can kill viruses including hepatitis C and flu (Oct 23, 2015 | The Daily Mail)
- Duke Announces 2015 Distinguished Professors (May 1, 2015)
- ‘Quantum jitter’ mechanism behind the random mutations that drive evolution and cancer (Mar 13, 2015 | Science a Gogo)
- 'Quantum Jitters' Could Form Basis of Evolution, Cancer (Mar 11, 2015)
- Hashim Al-Hashimi named director for Center for RNA Biology (Sep 5, 2014)
- Rangadurai, A; Szymanski, ES; Kimsey, I; Shi, H; Al-Hashimi, HM, Probing conformational transitions towards mutagenic Watson-Crick-like G·T mismatches using off-resonance sugar carbon R1ρ relaxation dispersion., J Biomol Nmr, vol 74 no. 8-9 (2020), pp. 457-471 [10.1007/s10858-020-00337-7] [abs].
- Rangadurai, A; Shi, H; Al-Hashimi, HM, Extending the Sensitivity of CEST NMR Spectroscopy to Micro-to-Millisecond Dynamics in Nucleic Acids Using High-Power Radio-Frequency Fields., Angew Chem Int Ed Engl, vol 59 no. 28 (2020), pp. 11262-11266 [10.1002/anie.202000493] [abs].
- Li, P; Rangadurai, A; Al-Hashimi, HM; Hammes-Schiffer, S, Environmental Effects on Guanine-Thymine Mispair Tautomerization Explored with Quantum Mechanical/Molecular Mechanical Free Energy Simulations., J Am Chem Soc, vol 142 no. 25 (2020), pp. 11183-11191 [10.1021/jacs.0c03774] [abs].
- Kladwang, W; Topkar, VV; Liu, B; Rangan, R; Hodges, TL; Keane, SC; Al-Hashimi, H; Das, R, Anomalous Reverse Transcription through Chemical Modifications in Polyadenosine Stretches., Biochemistry, vol 59 no. 23 (2020), pp. 2154-2170 [10.1021/acs.biochem.0c00020] [abs].
- Ganser, LR; Lee, J; Rangadurai, A; Merriman, DK; Kelly, ML; Kansal, AD; Sathyamoorthy, B; Al-Hashimi, HM, Publisher Correction: High-performance virtual screening by targeting a high-resolution RNA dynamic ensemble., Nat Struct Mol Biol, vol 27 no. 6 (2020) [10.1038/s41594-020-0434-4] [abs].