Adjunct Professor in the Department of Biochemistry
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Biochemistry
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Yale University, 2000
- BIOCHEM 393: Research Independent Study
- BIOCHEM 593: Research Independent Study
- BIOCHEM 695: Understanding NMR Spectroscopy
- BIOCHEM 700: Graduate Training Internship
- PHARM 493: Research Independent Study
In the News
- Transcription Factors May Inadvertently Lock in DNA Mistakes (Oct 21, 2020)
- Al-Hashimi Receives Prestigious National Academy of Sciences Award in Molecular Biology (Jan 22, 2020 | School of Medicine)
- Foundation Funds an 'Expedition' to Map Novel Structures in the Human Genome (Jul 18, 2018 | School of Medicine)
- Molecular Movies of RNA Guide Drug Discovery (May 4, 2018)
- A Mutational Timer is Built Into the Chemistry of DNA (Jan 31, 2018)
- A weird twist in DNA might explain why it’s such a great blueprint for life (Aug 3, 2016 | The Washington Post)
- DNA's Dynamic Nature Well-Suited for Blueprint of Life (Jul 29, 2016)
- Biochem Grad Student Finalist for International Prize (Jun 7, 2016)
- Drug made from bananas can kill viruses including hepatitis C and flu (Oct 23, 2015 | The Daily Mail)
- Duke Announces 2015 Distinguished Professors (May 1, 2015)
- ‘Quantum jitter’ mechanism behind the random mutations that drive evolution and cancer (Mar 13, 2015 | Science a Gogo)
- 'Quantum Jitters' Could Form Basis of Evolution, Cancer (Mar 11, 2015)
- Hashim Al-Hashimi named director for Center for RNA Biology (Sep 5, 2014)
- Ken, ML; Roy, R; Geng, A; Ganser, LR; Manghrani, A; Cullen, BR; Schulze-Gahmen, U; Herschlag, D; Al-Hashimi, HM, RNA conformational propensities determine cellular activity., Nature, vol 617 no. 7962 (2023), pp. 835-841 [10.1038/s41586-023-06080-x] [abs].
- Gu, S; Szymanski, ES; Rangadurai, AK; Shi, H; Liu, B; Manghrani, A; Al-Hashimi, HM, Dynamic basis for dA•dGTP and dA•d8OGTP misincorporation via Hoogsteen base pairs., Nat Chem Biol (2023) [10.1038/s41589-023-01306-5] [abs].
- Choi, SH; Flamand, MN; Liu, B; Zhu, H; Hu, M; Wang, M; Sewell, J; Holley, CL; Al-Hashimi, HM; Meyer, KD, RBM45 is an m6A-binding protein that affects neuronal differentiation and the splicing of a subset of mRNAs., Cell Reports, vol 40 no. 9 (2022) [10.1016/j.celrep.2022.111293] [abs].
- Conroy, DW; Xu, Y; Shi, H; Gonzalez Salguero, N; Purusottam, RN; Shannon, MD; Al-Hashimi, HM; Jaroniec, CP, Probing Watson-Crick and Hoogsteen base pairing in duplex DNA using dynamic nuclear polarization solid-state NMR spectroscopy., Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, vol 119 no. 30 (2022) [10.1073/pnas.2200681119] [abs].
- Rangadurai, A; Shi, H; Xu, Y; Liu, B; Abou Assi, H; Boom, JD; Zhou, H; Kimsey, IJ; Al-Hashimi, HM, Measuring thermodynamic preferences to form non-native conformations in nucleic acids using ultraviolet melting., Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, vol 119 no. 24 (2022) [10.1073/pnas.2112496119] [abs].