Adjunct Professor in the Department of Biochemistry
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Biochemistry
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Yale University, 2000
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- NAS Award in Molecular Biology. National Academy of Sciences. 2020
- BIOCHEM 393: Research Independent Study
- BIOCHEM 593: Research Independent Study
- BIOCHEM 695: Understanding NMR Spectroscopy
- BIOCHEM 700: Graduate Training Internship
- PHARM 493: Research Independent Study
In the News
- Transcription Factors May Inadvertently Lock in DNA Mistakes (Oct 21, 2020)
- Al-Hashimi Receives Prestigious National Academy of Sciences Award in Molecular Biology (Jan 22, 2020 | School of Medicine)
- Foundation Funds an 'Expedition' to Map Novel Structures in the Human Genome (Jul 18, 2018 | School of Medicine)
- Molecular Movies of RNA Guide Drug Discovery (May 4, 2018)
- A Mutational Timer is Built Into the Chemistry of DNA (Jan 31, 2018)
- A weird twist in DNA might explain why it’s such a great blueprint for life (Aug 3, 2016 | The Washington Post)
- DNA's Dynamic Nature Well-Suited for Blueprint of Life (Jul 29, 2016)
- Biochem Grad Student Finalist for International Prize (Jun 7, 2016)
- Drug made from bananas can kill viruses including hepatitis C and flu (Oct 23, 2015 | The Daily Mail)
- Duke Announces 2015 Distinguished Professors (May 1, 2015)
- ‘Quantum jitter’ mechanism behind the random mutations that drive evolution and cancer (Mar 13, 2015 | Science a Gogo)
- 'Quantum Jitters' Could Form Basis of Evolution, Cancer (Mar 11, 2015)
- Hashim Al-Hashimi named director for Center for RNA Biology (Sep 5, 2014)
- Roy, R; Geng, A; Shi, H; Merriman, DK; Dethoff, EA; Salmon, L; Al-Hashimi, HM, Kinetic Resolution of the Atomic 3D Structures Formed by Ground and Excited Conformational States in an RNA Dynamic Ensemble., J Am Chem Soc, vol 145 no. 42 (2023), pp. 22964-22978 [10.1021/jacs.3c04614] [abs].
- Gu, S; Szymanski, ES; Rangadurai, AK; Shi, H; Liu, B; Manghrani, A; Al-Hashimi, HM, Dynamic basis for dA•dGTP and dA•d8OGTP misincorporation via Hoogsteen base pairs., Nat Chem Biol, vol 19 no. 7 (2023), pp. 900-910 [10.1038/s41589-023-01306-5] [abs].
- Al-Hashimi, HM, Turing, von Neumann, and the computational architecture of biological machines., Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, vol 120 no. 25 (2023) [10.1073/pnas.2220022120] [abs].
- Ken, ML; Roy, R; Geng, A; Ganser, LR; Manghrani, A; Cullen, BR; Schulze-Gahmen, U; Herschlag, D; Al-Hashimi, HM, Author Correction: RNA conformational propensities determine cellular activity., Nature, vol 618 no. 7967 (2023) [10.1038/s41586-023-06286-z] [abs].
- Ken, ML; Roy, R; Geng, A; Ganser, LR; Manghrani, A; Cullen, BR; Schulze-Gahmen, U; Herschlag, D; Al-Hashimi, HM, RNA conformational propensities determine cellular activity., Nature, vol 617 no. 7962 (2023), pp. 835-841 [10.1038/s41586-023-06080-x] [abs].