Gregg E. Trahey
Robert Plonsey Distinguished Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Robert Plonsey Distinguished Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor in Radiology
- Bass Fellow
- Office Location: 275 Engineering Annex, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5169
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 1985
- M.S. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1979
- B.S. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1975
Research InterestsMedical ultrasound, image guided surgery, adaptive imaging, imaging of tissue's mechanical properties, and radiation force imaging.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- MERIT Award. National Institutes of Health. 2009
- Fellows. American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. 1999
- BME 354L: Introduction to Medical Instrumentation
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 844: Advanced Ultrasonic Imaging
- BME 848L: Radiology in Practice
- EGR 79S: Thrive
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- MEDPHY 738: Radiology in Practice
- Bottenus, N; LeFevre, M; Cleve, J; Crowley, AL; Trahey, G, Resolution and Speckle Reduction in Cardiac Imaging., Ieee Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control, vol 68 no. 4 (2021), pp. 1131-1143 [10.1109/TUFFC.2020.3034518] [abs].
- Long, J; Bottenus, N; Trahey, GE, Frequency-dependent spatial coherence in conventional and chirp transmissions, Ieee Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control (2021) [10.1109/TUFFC.2021.3050120] [abs].
- Flint, K; Bottenus, N; Bradway, D; McNally, P; Ellestad, S; Trahey, G, An Automated ALARA Method for Ultrasound: An Obstetric Ultrasound Feasibility Study., Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine : Official Journal of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (2020) [10.1002/jum.15570] [abs].
- Morgan, MR; Trahey, GE; Walker, WF, Intrinsic Tradeoffs in Multi-Covariate Imaging of Sub-Resolution Targets., Ieee Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol 67 no. 10 (2020), pp. 1980-1992 [10.1109/tuffc.2020.2993241] [abs].
- Huang, O; Long, J; Long, W; Pinton, G; Trahey, GE; Palmeri, ML, UltraNet: Deep Learning Tools for Modeling Acoustic Wall Clutter, Ieee International Ultrasonics Symposium, Ius, vol 2020-September (2020) [10.1109/IUS46767.2020.9251465] [abs].