Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
- Assistant Professor in the Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 2301 Erwin Road, DUMC Box 3096, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6553
- Email Address: email@example.com
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 2014
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011
- M.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2006
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
In the News
- Let’s Talk About All Things Space Duke Space Initiative (Apr 1, 2022 | DukEngineer Magazine)
- Space: The Next Frontier for Health Care (Aug 12, 2021 | School of Medicine Magnify)
- Pratt Robot May Blast Off With Astronauts to Assist With Health Care (Jun 29, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Rigby Oca, S; Strong, A; Havas, J; Buckland, DM; Bridgeman, LJ, Development and Testing of a Durable and Novel Breast Phantom for Robotic Autonomous Ultrasound Systems, Journal of Medical Robotics Research, vol 7 no. 4 (2022) [10.1142/S2424905X22410100] [abs].
- Lam, SSW; Zaribafzadeh, H; Ang, BY; Webster, W; Buckland, D; Mantyh, C; Tan, HK, Estimation of Surgery Durations Using Machine Learning Methods-A Cross-Country Multi-Site Collaborative Study., Healthcare (Basel, Switzerland), vol 10 no. 7 (2022) [10.3390/healthcare10071191] [abs].
- Antonsen, EL; Myers, JG; Boley, L; Arellano, J; Kerstman, E; Kadwa, B; Buckland, DM; Van Baalen, M, Estimating medical risk in human spaceflight., Npj Microgravity, vol 8 no. 1 (2022) [10.1038/s41526-022-00193-9] [abs].
- Oca, SR; Havas, J; Bridgeman, LJ; Buckland, DM, Durable Breast Phantom with Geometric and Mechanical Properties approximating Human Tissue for Ultrasound Image and Robotic System Testing, 2022 International Symposium on Medical Robotics, Ismr 2022 (2022) [10.1109/ISMR48347.2022.9807523] [abs].
- Buckland, D; Parisi, M; Mctigue, K; Wu, S-C; Panontin, T; Vos, G; Petersen, D; Vera, A, NASA’s Identified Risks of Adverse Outcomes Due to Inadequate Human Systems Integration Architecture in Human Spaceflight, Human Centered Aerospace Systems and Sustainability Applications (2022) [10.54941/ahfe1001427] [abs].