Carmelo Alessio Milano
Professor of Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Surgery
- Office Location: 4532A Hosp South - Blue Zone, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3243
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Royal Papworth Hospital (United Kingdom), 1999
- Duke University, 1999
- Duke University, 1997
- Duke University, 1996
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 1994
- Duke University, 1992
- M.D. The University of Chicago, 1990
In the News
- New Generation Artificial Heart Implanted in Patient at Duke – First in U.S. (Jul 15, 2021 | Duke Health News)
- Healing Hearts in Honduras (Nov 8, 2019 | Duke School of Medicine)
- Clots tied to heart pump open debate on risks patients face in trials (Dec 10, 2013 | The New York Times)
- Ti, LK; Mackensen, GB; Grocott, HP; Laskowitz, DT; Phillips-Bute, BG; Milano, CA; Hilton, AK; Newman, MF; Mathew, JP; Neurologic Outcome Research Group,, Apolipoprotein E4 increases aortic atheroma burden in cardiac surgical patients., The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol 125 no. 1 (2003), pp. 211-213 [10.1067/mtc.2003.123] [abs].
- Milano, CA; Patel, VS; Smith, PK; Smith, MS, Risk of anaphylaxis from aprotinin re-exposure during LVAD removal and heart transplantation., Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol 21 no. 10 (2002), pp. 1127-1130 [10.1016/s1053-2498(02)00395-9] [abs].
- Jones, JM; Wilson, KH; Koch, WJ; Milano, CA, Adenoviral gene transfer to the heart during cardiopulmonary bypass: effect of myocardial protection technique on transgene expression., European Journal of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, vol 21 no. 5 (2002), pp. 847-852 [10.1016/s1010-7940(02)00078-7] [abs].
- Davidson, MJ; Jones, JM; Emani, SM; Wilson, KH; Jaggers, J; Koch, WJ; Milano, CA, Cardiac gene delivery with cardiopulmonary bypass., Circulation, vol 104 no. 2 (2001), pp. 131-133 [10.1161/01.cir.104.2.131] [abs].