Benjamin Aaron Alman
James R. Urbaniak, M.D., Distinguished Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- James R. Urbaniak, M.D., Distinguished Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
- Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Chair of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor in Cell Biology
- Professor in Pediatrics
- Professor in the Department of Pathology
- Professor in Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Co-Director of the Regeneration Next Initiative
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.D. Thomas Jefferson University, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, 1986
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- New Investigator Recognition Award Winners. Orthopaedic Research Society. 1992
- PATHOL 793: Research Independent Study
In the News
- We Now Know Why It Takes Longer for Older People's Bones to Heal (Jan 22, 2020 | Duke Health News)
- Scientists Identify ‘Youth Factor’ in Blood Cells That Speeds Fracture Repair (Dec 5, 2018 | Duke Health News)
- Cheese curds and mustard baths: 6 wacky ways Olympians prep for competition (Aug 8, 2016 | STAT)
- Scientists Trace Origin Cell of Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors, Test Drug Target (Jul 15, 2016)
- Duke Study: Old Bones Can Regain Youthful Healing Power (May 20, 2015)
- Gene Mutation Drives Cartilage Tumor Formation (Feb 17, 2015)
- Pathmanapan, S; Ilkayeva, O; Martin, JT; Loe, AKH; Zhang, H; Zhang, G-F; Newgard, CB; Wunder, JS; Alman, BA, Mutant IDH and non-mutant chondrosarcomas display distinct cellular metabolomes., Cancer & Metabolism, vol 9 no. 1 (2021) [10.1186/s40170-021-00247-8] [abs].
- Zhang, H; Alman, BA, Enchondromatosis and Growth Plate Development., Curr Osteoporos Rep, vol 19 no. 1 (2021), pp. 40-49 [10.1007/s11914-020-00639-7] [abs].
- Kavolus, JJ; Lazarides, AL; Moore, C; Seyler, TM; Wellman, SS; Attarian, DE; Bolognesi, MP; Alman, BA, The Calpain Gene is Correlated With Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacement Failures., J Arthroplasty, vol 36 no. 1 (2021), pp. 236-241.e3 [10.1016/j.arth.2020.07.054] [abs].
- Alman, B; Baht, G, Parabiosis: Assessing the Effects of Circulating Cells and Factors on the Skeleton., vol 2230 (2021), pp. 105-113 [10.1007/978-1-0716-1028-2_7] [abs].
- Yahara, Y; Ma, X; Gracia, L; Alman, BA, Monocyte/Macrophage Lineage Cells From Fetal Erythromyeloid Progenitors Orchestrate Bone Remodeling and Repair., Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology, vol 9 (2021) [10.3389/fcell.2021.622035] [abs].