Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
Dr. Nandan Lad is a neurosurgeon, scientist, and entrepreneur and currently an Assistant Professor at Duke University Medical Center with a focus in Functional Neurosurgery. He is Director of the Duke NeuroInnovations Program, a systematic approach to medical device innovation to large unmet clinical needs. He completed his MD and PhD in Biochemistry at Chicago Medical School and his neurosurgical residency training and fellowships in Surgical Innovation and Neuromodulation from Stanford University. Dr. Lad currently serves on the boards of several privately held companies.
Neurotrophin biology; Neuroregeneration; Bioengineering; Medical Device Design; Clinical Trials; National & institutional neurosurgical outcomes analysis.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Location: 200 Trent Drive, Blue Zone, Su, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-1973
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Web Page:
- Stanford University, 2009
- Stanford University, 2008
- Stanford University, 2011
- Stanford University, 2005
- Ph.D. Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2004
- M.D. Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2004
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- I&E 720: Biodesign
- NEUROSCI 493: Research Independent Study 1
- NEUROSCI 494: Research Independent Study 2
- NEUROSCI 495: Research Independent Study 3
- NEUROSCI 496: Research Independent Study 4
- Han, JL; Murphy, KR; Hussaini, SMQ; Yang, S; Parente, B; Xie, J; Pagadala, P; Lad, SP, Explantation Rates and Healthcare Resource Utilization in Spinal Cord Stimulation., Neuromodulation, vol 20 no. 4 (2017), pp. 331-339 [10.1111/ner.12567] [abs].
- Elsamadicy, AA; Farber, SH; Yang, S; Hussaini, SMQ; Murphy, KR; Sergesketter, A; Suryadevara, CM; Pagadala, P; Parente, B; Xie, J; Lad, SP, Impact of Insurance Provider on Overall Costs in Failed Back Surgery Syndrome: A Cost Study of 122,827 Patients., Neuromodulation, vol 20 no. 4 (2017), pp. 354-360 [10.1111/ner.12584] [abs].
- Hussaini, SMQ; Murphy, KR; Han, JL; Elsamadicy, AA; Yang, S; Premji, A; Parente, B; Xie, J; Pagadala, P; Lad, SP, Specialty-Based Variations in Spinal Cord Stimulation Success Rates for Treatment of Chronic Pain., Neuromodulation, vol 20 no. 4 (2017), pp. 340-347 [10.1111/ner.12582] [abs].
- Murphy, KR; Han, JL; Hussaini, SMQ; Yang, S; Parente, B; Xie, J; Lad, SP, The Volume-Outcome Effect: Impact on Trial-to-Permanent Conversion Rates in Spinal Cord Stimulation., Neuromodulation, vol 20 no. 3 (2017), pp. 256-262 [10.1111/ner.12526] [abs].
- Farber, SH; Murphy, KR; Suryadevara, CM; Babu, R; Yang, S; Feng, L; Xie, J; Perfect, JR; Lad, SP, Comparing outcomes of early, late, and non-surgical management of intraspinal abscess., Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, vol 36 (2017), pp. 64-71 [10.1016/j.jocn.2016.10.035] [abs].