Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
Dr. Nandan Lad is a neurosurgeon, scientist, and entrepreneur and currently an Associate Professor at Duke University Medical Center with a focus in Neuromodulation and Neurorestoration. He is Director of the Duke NeuroInnovations Program, a systematic approach to medical device innovation to large unmet clinical needs.
He completed his MD and PhD in Biochemistry at Chicago Medical School and his neurosurgical residency training at Stanford with fellowships in Surgical Innovation and Functional Neurosurgery. Dr. Lad currently serves on the boards of several privately held companies.
Neurotrophin biology; Neuroregeneration; Bioengineering; Medical Device Design; Clinical Trials; National & institutional neurosurgical outcomes analysis.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
- Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Location: 200 Trent Drive, Blue Zone, Su, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-1973
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Page:
- Stanford University, 2009
- Stanford University, 2008
- Stanford University, 2011
- Stanford University, 2005
- Ph.D. Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2004
- M.D. Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2004
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- I&E 720: Biodesign
- NEUROSCI 493: Research Independent Study 1
- NEUROSCI 494: Research Independent Study 2
- NEUROSCI 495: Research Independent Study 3
- NEUROSCI 496: Research Independent Study 4
- Elsamadicy, AA; Yang, S; Sergesketter, AR; Ashraf, B; Charalambous, L; Kemeny, H; Ejikeme, T; Ren, X; Pagadala, P; Parente, B; Xie, J; Lad, SP, Prevalence and Cost Analysis of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS): A Role for Neuromodulation., Neuromodulation (2017) [10.1111/ner.12691] [abs].
- Elsamadicy, AA; Sergesketter, A; Ren, X; Mohammed Qasim Hussaini, S; Laarakker, A; Rahimpour, S; Ejikeme, T; Yang, S; Pagadala, P; Parente, B; Xie, J; Lad, SP, Drivers and Risk Factors of Unplanned 30-Day Readmission Following Spinal Cord Stimulator Implantation., Neuromodulation (2017) [10.1111/ner.12689] [abs].
- Farber, SH; Han, JL; Petraglia Iii, FW; Gramer, R; Yang, S; Pagadala, P; Parente, B; Xie, J; Petrella, JR; Lad, SP, Increasing Rates of Imaging in Failed Back Surgery Syndrome Patients: Implications for Spinal Cord Stimulation., Pain physician, vol 20 no. 6 (2017), pp. E969-E977 [abs].
- Farber, SH; Han, JL; Elsamadicy, AA; Hussaini, Q; Yang, S; Pagadala, P; Parente, B; Xie, J; Lad, SP, Long-term Cost Utility of Spinal Cord Stimulation in Patients with Failed Back Surgery Syndrome., Pain physician, vol 20 no. 6 (2017), pp. E797-E805 [abs].
- Han, JL; Murphy, KR; Hussaini, SMQ; Yang, S; Parente, B; Xie, J; Pagadala, P; Lad, SP, Explantation Rates and Healthcare Resource Utilization in Spinal Cord Stimulation., Neuromodulation, vol 20 no. 4 (2017), pp. 331-339 [10.1111/ner.12567] [abs].