Sarah Hollingsworth Lisanby
J. P. Gibbons Professor of Psychiatry II
Appointments and Affiliations
- J. P. Gibbons Professor of Psychiatry II
- Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Professsor in the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Location: Room 5-4232. Red Zone, Box 3620 DUMC, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 613-9344
- Email Address: email@example.com
- M.D. Duke University School of Medicine, 1991
In the News
- Dr. Sarah Lisanby: The return of electroshock therapy (Nov 18, 2015 | The Atlantic )
- Lisanby named Director of Translational Research for NIMH (Mar 4, 2015)
- Dr. Sarah Lisanby comments: Technology can't make you fall asleep (Jan 22, 2015 | Marketplace )
- Dr. Sarah Lisanby comments: Williams' death shines spotlight on depression (Aug 13, 2014 | WRAL )
- Dr. Sarah Lisanby: Stimulation treatment uses mild electric current to jump-start your brain (Oct 31, 2013 | "CBS This Morning" )
- Dr. Sarah Lisanby urges caution: Jump-starter kits for the mind (Oct 29, 2013 | The New York Times )
- Dr. Sarah Lisanby comments: Electro-convulsive therapy makes medical comeback (Aug 28, 2013 | CBS This Morning )
- McCall, WV; Lisanby, SH; Rosenquist, PB; Dooley, M; Husain, MM; Knapp, RG; Petrides, G; Rudorfer, MV; Young, RC; McClintock, SM; Mueller, M; Prudic, J; Greenberg, RM; Weiner, RD; Bailine, SH; Youssef, NA; McCloud, L; Kellner, CH; CORE/PRIDE Work Group, , Effects of continuation electroconvulsive therapy on quality of life in elderly depressed patients: A randomized clinical trial., Journal of Psychiatric Research, vol 97 (2018), pp. 65-69 [10.1016/j.jpsychires.2017.11.001] [abs].
- Loo, CK; Husain, MM; McDonald, WM; Aaronson, S; O'Reardon, JP; Alonzo, A; Weickert, CS; Martin, DM; McClintock, SM; Mohan, A; Lisanby, SH; International Consortium of Research in tDCS (ICRT), , International randomized-controlled trial of transcranial Direct Current Stimulation in depression., Brain Stimulation, vol 11 no. 1 (2018), pp. 125-133 [10.1016/j.brs.2017.10.011] [abs].
- Bikson, M; Brunoni, AR; Charvet, LE; Clark, VP; Cohen, LG; Deng, Z-D; Dmochowski, J; Edwards, DJ; Frohlich, F; Kappenman, ES; Lim, KO; Loo, C; Mantovani, A; McMullen, DP; Parra, LC; Pearson, M; Richardson, JD; Rumsey, JM; Sehatpour, P; Sommers, D; Unal, G; Wassermann, EM; Woods, AJ; Lisanby, SH, Rigor and reproducibility in research with transcranial electrical stimulation: An NIMH-sponsored workshop., Brain Stimulation (2017) [10.1016/j.brs.2017.12.008] [abs].
- Davis, SW; Luber, B; Murphy, DLK; Lisanby, SH; Cabeza, R, Frequency-specific neuromodulation of local and distant connectivity in aging and episodic memory function., Human Brain Mapping, vol 38 no. 12 (2017), pp. 5987-6004 [10.1002/hbm.23803] [abs].
- Holtzheimer, PE; Husain, MM; Lisanby, SH; Taylor, SF; Whitworth, LA; McClintock, S; Slavin, KV; Berman, J; McKhann, GM; Patil, PG; Rittberg, BR; Abosch, A; Pandurangi, AK; Holloway, KL; Lam, RW; Honey, CR; Neimat, JS; Henderson, JM; DeBattista, C; Rothschild, AJ; Pilitsis, JG; Espinoza, RT; Petrides, G; Mogilner, AY; Matthews, K; Peichel, D; Gross, RE; Hamani, C; Lozano, AM; Mayberg, HS, Subcallosal cingulate deep brain stimulation for treatment-resistant depression: a multisite, randomised, sham-controlled trial., The Lancet. Psychiatry, vol 4 no. 11 (2017), pp. 839-849 [10.1016/s2215-0366(17)30371-1] [abs].