Piers Christopher Andrew Barker
Professor of Pediatrics
Improving parent/infant bonding in prenatally diagnosed congenital heart disease
Analysis of advanced cardiac mechanics (strain, strain rate, torsion) in congenital and acquired heart disease by echo and cardiac MRI
Development of novel uses of 3D/4D echo for fetal and congenital heart disease
Sub-maximal exercise testing in congenital and maternal heart disease
Cardiac Mechanics during exercise in pediatrics
Outcome improvement in patients with Functional Single Ventricle and fetal cardiac disease
Application of novel imaging technologies (ultrasound, cardiac MRI, cardiac CT) in fetal, congenital and acquired heart disease
Characterization of rheumatic heart disease and HIV-related cardiomyopathy in developing countries
Cost Effectivess of screening for immune-mediated fetal heart block
Dyssynchrony analysis in pediatric patients
3D printing and computational fluid dynamics in congenital heart disease
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Pediatrics
- Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Office Location: 7605-A Hosp North, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3574
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 2001
- Johns Hopkins University, 1998
- Johns Hopkins University, 1996
- M.D. Cornell University, 1995
- Zak, V; Hsu, DT; Pemberton, VL; Levine, JC; Atz, AM; Cnota, JF; Ravishankar, C; Barker, P; Lambert, LM; McCrindle, BW; Frommelt, MA; Altmann, K; Chen, S; Williams, RV; Pediatric Heart Network Investigators, , Translating clinical trials into clinical practice: a survey assessing the potential impact of the Pediatric Heart Network Infant Single Ventricle Trial., Cardiology in the Young, vol 27 no. 7 (2017), pp. 1265-1270 [10.1017/s104795111600295x] [abs].
- Forsha, D; Risum, N; Barker, P, Activation delay-induced mechanical dyssynchrony in single-ventricle heart disease, Cardiology in the Young, vol 27 no. 07 (2017), pp. 1390-1391 [10.1017/S1047951117001123] [abs].
- Margossian, R; Zak, V; Shillingford, AJ; Hlavacek, AM; Cnota, JF; Puchalski, MD; Levine, JC; McCrindle, BW; Cohen, MS; Altmann, K; Barker, PC; Hsu, DT; Colan, SD; Pediatric Heart Network Investigators, , The Effect of the Superior Cavopulmonary Anastomosis on Ventricular Remodeling in Infants with Single Ventricle., Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol 30 no. 7 (2017), pp. 699-707.e1 [10.1016/j.echo.2017.03.005] [abs].
- Bhatla, P; Tretter, JT; Ludomirsky, A; Argilla, M; Latson, LA; Chakravarti, S; Barker, PC; Yoo, S-J; McElhinney, DB; Wake, N; Mosca, RS, Utility and Scope of Rapid Prototyping in Patients with Complex Muscular Ventricular Septal Defects or Double-Outlet Right Ventricle: Does it Alter Management Decisions?, Pediatric Cardiology, vol 38 no. 1 (2017), pp. 103-114 [10.1007/s00246-016-1489-1] [abs].
- Bishop, KC; Kuller, JA; Boyd, BK; Rhee, EH; Miller, S; Barker, P, Ultrasound Examination of the Fetal Heart., Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey, vol 72 no. 1 (2017), pp. 54-61 [10.1097/ogx.0000000000000394] [abs].