Lawrence Anthony David
Assistant Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Affiliate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society
- Office Location: Box 3382, 101 Science Drive, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 668-5388
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2010
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Sloan Research Fellowship-Molecular Biology. Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. 2014
- Harvard Society Junior Fellows. Harvard Society of Fellows. 2010
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- MGM 293: Research Independent Study I
- MGM 593: Research Independent Study
- Silverman, JD; Washburne, AD; Mukherjee, S; David, LA, A phylogenetic transform enhances analysis of compositional microbiota data., eLife, vol 6 (2017) [10.7554/elife.21887] [abs].
- Zhang, Y; Zhao, Y; David, L; Henao, R; Carin, L, Dynamic poisson factor analysis, Proceedings / IEEE International Conference on Data Mining. IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (2017), pp. 1359-1364 [10.1109/ICDM.2016.111] [abs].
- Reese, AT; Lulow, K; David, LA; Wright, JP, Plant community and soil conditions individually affect soil microbial community assembly in experimental mesocosms, Ecology and Evolution (2017) [10.1002/ece3.3734] [abs].
- Washburne, AD; Silverman, JD; Leff, JW; Bennett, DJ; Darcy, JL; Mukherjee, S; Fierer, N; David, LA, Phylogenetic factorization of compositional data yields lineage-level associations in microbiome datasets., PeerJ, vol 5 (2017) [10.7717/peerj.2969] [abs].
- Boursier, J; Mueller, O; Barret, M; Machado, M; Fizanne, L; Araujo-Perez, F; Guy, CD; Seed, PC; Rawls, JF; David, LA; Hunault, G; Oberti, F; Calès, P; Diehl, AM, The severity of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is associated with gut dysbiosis and shift in the metabolic function of the gut microbiota., Hepatology, vol 63 no. 3 (2016), pp. 764-775 [10.1002/hep.28356] [abs].