Jonathan Solomon Stamler
Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine
Biochemistry and metabolic functions of biological sulfhydryls
Free radical mechanisms in biology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine
- Office Location: 321 MSRB, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-6933
- Email Address: email@example.com
- M.D. Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1985
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Investigator/Alumni Investigator. Howard Hughes Medical Institute. 1997
- Pew Scholars in the Biomedical Sciences. Pew Charitable Trusts, The. 1993
- Kashyap, VS; Lakin, RO; Campos, P; Allemang, M; Kim, A; Sarac, TP; Hausladen, A; Stamler, JS, The LargPAD Trial: Phase IIA evaluation of l -arginine infusion in patients with peripheral arterial disease, Journal of Vascular Surgery (2017) [10.1016/j.jvs.2016.12.127] [abs].
- Zhang, R; Hess, DT; Reynolds, JD; Stamler, JS, Hemoglobin S-nitrosylation plays an essential role in cardioprotection, Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol 126 no. 12 (2016), pp. 4654-4658 [10.1172/JCI90425] [abs].
- Ni, C-L; Seth, D; Fonseca, FV; Wang, L; Xiao, TS; Gruber, P; Sy, M-S; Stamler, JS; Tartakoff, AM, Polyglutamine Tract Expansion Increases S-Nitrosylation of Huntingtin and Ataxin-1, PloS one, vol 11 no. 9 (2016), pp. e0163359-e0163359 [10.1371/journal.pone.0163359] [abs].
- Adachi, N; Hess, DT; McLaughlin, P; Stamler, JS, S -Palmitoylation of a Novel Site in the β 2 -Adrenergic Receptor Associated with a Novel Intracellular Itinerary, The Journal of biological chemistry, vol 291 no. 38 (2016), pp. 20232-20246 [10.1074/jbc.M116.725762] [abs].
- Rizza, S; Montagna, C; Cardaci, S; Maiani, E; Di Giacomo, G; Sanchez-Quiles, V; Blagoev, B; Rasola, A; De Zio, D; Stamler, JS; Cecconi, F; Filomeni, G, S -nitrosylation of the Mitochondrial Chaperone TRAP1 Sensitizes Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells to Inhibitors of Succinate Dehydrogenase , Cancer Research, vol 76 no. 14 (2016), pp. 4170-4182 [10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-15-2637] [abs].