Jonathan Solomon Stamler
Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine
Biochemistry and metabolic functions of biological sulfhydryls
Free radical mechanisms in biology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine
- Office Location: 321 MSRB, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-6933
- Email Address: email@example.com
- M.D. Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1985
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Investigator/Alumni Investigator. Howard Hughes Medical Institute. 1997
- Pew Scholars in the Biomedical Sciences. Pew Charitable Trusts, The. 1993
- Elphinstone, RE; Besla, R; Shikatani, EA; Lu, Z; Hausladen, A; Davies, M; Robbins, CS; Husain, M; Stamler, JS; Kain, KC, S -Nitrosoglutathione Reductase Deficiency Confers Improved Survival and Neurological Outcome in Experimental Cerebral Malaria , Infection and immunity, vol 85 no. 9 (2017), pp. e00371-17-e00371-17 [10.1128/IAI.00371-17] [abs].
- Kashyap, VS; Lakin, RO; Campos, P; Allemang, M; Kim, A; Sarac, TP; Hausladen, A; Stamler, JS, The LargPAD Trial: Phase IIA evaluation of l-arginine infusion in patients with peripheral arterial disease., Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol 66 no. 1 (2017), pp. 187-194 [10.1016/j.jvs.2016.12.127] [abs].
- Stamler, JS; Reynolds, JD; Hess, DT, Letter by Stamler et al Regarding Article, “Nitrite and S -Nitrosohemoglobin Exchange Across the Human Cerebral and Femoral Circulation: Relationship to Basal and Exercise Blood Flow Responses to Hypoxia” , Circulation, vol 135 no. 24 (2017), pp. e1135-e1136 [10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.117.027071] [abs].
- Zhang, R; Hess, DT; Reynolds, JD; Stamler, JS, Hemoglobin S-nitrosylation plays an essential role in cardioprotection., Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol 126 no. 12 (2016), pp. 4654-4658 [10.1172/jci90425] [abs].
- Ni, C-L; Seth, D; Fonseca, FV; Wang, L; Xiao, TS; Gruber, P; Sy, M-S; Stamler, JS; Tartakoff, AM, Polyglutamine Tract Expansion Increases S-Nitrosylation of Huntingtin and Ataxin-1, PloS one, vol 11 no. 9 (2016), pp. e0163359-e0163359 [10.1371/journal.pone.0163359] [abs].