Jonathan Solomon Stamler
Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine
Biochemistry and metabolic functions of biological sulfhydryls
Free radical mechanisms in biology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine
- Office Location: 321 MSRB, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-6933
- Email Address: email@example.com
- M.D. Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1985
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Investigator/Alumni Investigator. Howard Hughes Medical Institute. 1997
- Pew Scholars in the Biomedical Sciences. Pew Charitable Trusts, The. 1993
- Seth, D; Hess, DT; Hausladen, A; Wang, L; Wang, YJ; Stamler, JS, A Multiplex Enzymatic Machinery for Cellular Protein S-nitrosylation, Molecular Cell, vol 69 no. 3 (2018), pp. 451-464.e6 [10.1016/j.molcel.2017.12.025] [abs].
- Reynolds, JD; Jenkins, T; Matto, F; Nazemian, R; Farhan, O; Morris, N; Longphre, JM; Hess, DT; Moon, RE; Piantadosi, CA; Stamler, JS, Pharmacologic Targeting of Red Blood Cells to Improve Tissue Oxygenation., Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics (Nature) (2017) [10.1002/cpt.979] [abs].
- Lai, T-S; Lindberg, RA; Zhou, H-L; Haroon, ZA; Dewhirst, MW; Hausladen, A; Juang, Y-L; Stamler, JS; Greenberg, CS, Endothelial cell-surface tissue transglutaminase inhibits neutrophil adhesion by binding and releasing nitric oxide., Scientific Reports, vol 7 no. 1 (2017) [10.1038/s41598-017-16342-0] [abs].
- Elphinstone, RE; Besla, R; Shikatani, EA; Lu, Z; Hausladen, A; Davies, M; Robbins, CS; Husain, M; Stamler, JS; Kain, KC, S -Nitrosoglutathione Reductase Deficiency Confers Improved Survival and Neurological Outcome in Experimental Cerebral Malaria , Infection and immunity, vol 85 no. 9 (2017), pp. e00371-17-e00371-17 [10.1128/IAI.00371-17] [abs].
- Kashyap, VS; Lakin, RO; Campos, P; Allemang, M; Kim, A; Sarac, TP; Hausladen, A; Stamler, JS, The LargPAD Trial: Phase IIA evaluation of l-arginine infusion in patients with peripheral arterial disease., Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol 66 no. 1 (2017), pp. 187-194 [10.1016/j.jvs.2016.12.127] [abs].