James B. Duke Professor of Biochemistry
Appointments and Affiliations
- James B. Duke Professor of Biochemistry
- Professor of Biochemistry
- Professor of Chemistry
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Yale University, 2000
- BIOCHEM 593: Research Independent Study
- BIOCHEM 695: Macromolecular Structure Determination by NMR Spectroscopy and X-ray Crystallography
- PHARM 493: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 494: Research Independent Study
- Stelling, AL; Xu, Y; Zhou, H; Choi, SH; Clay, MC; Merriman, DK; Al-Hashimi, HM, Robust IR-based detection of stable and fractionally populated G-C+ and A-T Hoogsteen base pairs in duplex DNA., FEBS Letters, vol 591 no. 12 (2017), pp. 1770-1784 [10.1002/1873-3468.12681] [abs].
- Vaidyanathan, PP; AlSadhan, I; Merriman, DK; Al-Hashimi, HM; Herschlag, D, Pseudouridine and N6-methyladenosine modifications weaken PUF protein/RNA interactions., RNA (New York, N.Y.), vol 23 no. 5 (2017), pp. 611-618 [10.1261/rna.060053.116] [abs].
- Szymanski, ES; Kimsey, IJ; Al-Hashimi, HM, Direct NMR Evidence that Transient Tautomeric and Anionic States in dG·dT Form Watson-Crick-like Base Pairs., Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 139 no. 12 (2017), pp. 4326-4329 [10.1021/jacs.7b01156] [abs].
- Patwardhan, NN; Ganser, LR; Kapral, GJ; Eubanks, CS; Lee, J; Sathyamoorthy, B; Al-Hashimi, HM; Hargrove, AE, Amiloride as a new RNA-binding scaffold with activity against HIV-1 TAR, MedChemComm, vol 8 no. 5 (2017), pp. 1022-1036 [10.1039/C6MD00729E] [abs].
- Ganser, LR; Al-Hashimi, HM, HIV-1 leader RNA dimeric interface revealed by NMR., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of USA, vol 113 no. 47 (2016), pp. 13263-13265 [10.1073/pnas.1615789113] [abs].