Lazlo Ormandy Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Lazlo Ormandy Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adjunct Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Office Location: 375 Med Sci Res Bldg, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-2521
- Ph.D. Columbia University, 1991
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Borelli Award. American Society of Biomechanics. 2010
- Fellows. American Society of Mechanical Engineers. 2007
- Marshall R. Urist Award. Orthopaedic Research Society. 2006
- Fellows. American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. 2005
- Y.C. Fung Young Investigator Award. American Society of Mechanical Engineers. 2000
- New Investigator Recognition Award Winners. Orthopaedic Research Society. 1994
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- EGR 391: Projects in Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- PHYSICS 495: Thesis Independent Study
- Bridgen, DT; Fearing, BV; Jing, L; Sanchez-Adams, J; Cohan, MC; Guilak, F; Chen, J; Setton, LA, Regulation of human nucleus pulposus cells by peptide-coupled substrates., Acta Biomaterialia, vol 55 (2017), pp. 100-108 [10.1016/j.actbio.2017.04.019] [abs].
- Liu, B; Goode, AP; Carter, TE; Utturkar, GM; Huebner, JL; Taylor, DC; Moorman, CT; Garrett, WE; Kraus, VB; Guilak, F; DeFrate, LE; McNulty, AL, Matrix metalloproteinase activity and prostaglandin E2 are elevated in the synovial fluid of meniscus tear patients., Connective Tissue Research (Informa), vol 58 no. 3-4 (2017), pp. 305-316 [10.1080/03008207.2016.1256391] [abs].
- Brunger, JM; Zutshi, A; Willard, VP; Gersbach, CA; Guilak, F, CRISPR/Cas9 Editing of Murine Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells for Engineering Inflammation-Resistant Tissues., Arthritis and Rheumatology, vol 69 no. 5 (2017), pp. 1111-1121 [10.1002/art.39982] [abs].
- Brunger, JM; Zutshi, A; Willard, VP; Gersbach, CA; Guilak, F, Genome Engineering of Stem Cells for Autonomously Regulated, Closed-Loop Delivery of Biologic Drugs., Stem Cell Reports, vol 8 no. 5 (2017), pp. 1202-1213 [10.1016/j.stemcr.2017.03.022] [abs].
- Hatcher, CC; Collins, AT; Kim, SY; Michel, LC; Mostertz, WC; Ziemian, SN; Spritzer, CE; Guilak, F; DeFrate, LE; McNulty, AL, Relationship between T1rho magnetic resonance imaging, synovial fluid biomarkers, and the biochemical and biomechanical properties of cartilage., Journal of Biomechanics, vol 55 (2017), pp. 18-26 [10.1016/j.jbiomech.2017.02.001] [abs].