Lazlo Ormandy Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Lazlo Ormandy Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adjunct Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Office Location: 375 Med Sci Res Bldg, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-2521
- Ph.D. Columbia University, 1991
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Borelli Award. American Society of Biomechanics. 2010
- Fellows. American Society of Mechanical Engineers. 2007
- Marshall R. Urist Award. Orthopaedic Research Society. 2006
- Fellows. American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. 2005
- Y.C. Fung Young Investigator Award. American Society of Mechanical Engineers. 2000
- New Investigator Recognition Award Winners. Orthopaedic Research Society. 1994
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- EGR 391: Projects in Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- PHYSICS 495: Thesis Independent Study
- Adkar, SS; Brunger, JM; Willard, VP; Wu, C-L; Gersbach, CA; Guilak, F, Genome Engineering for Personalized Arthritis Therapeutics., Trends in Molecular Medicine, vol 23 no. 10 (2017), pp. 917-931 [10.1016/j.molmed.2017.08.002] [abs].
- Wu, C-L; McNeill, J; Goon, K; Little, D; Kimmerling, K; Huebner, J; Kraus, V; Guilak, F, Conditional Macrophage Depletion Increases Inflammation and Does Not Inhibit the Development of Osteoarthritis in Obese Macrophage Fas-Induced Apoptosis-Transgenic Mice., Arthritis and Rheumatology, vol 69 no. 9 (2017), pp. 1772-1783 [10.1002/art.40161] [abs].
- Farhang, N; Brunger, JM; Stover, JD; Thakore, PI; Lawrence, B; Guilak, F; Gersbach, CA; Setton, LA; Bowles, RD, * CRISPR-Based Epigenome Editing of Cytokine Receptors for the Promotion of Cell Survival and Tissue Deposition in Inflammatory Environments., Tissue Engineering, Part A, vol 23 no. 15-16 (2017), pp. 738-749 [10.1089/ten.tea.2016.0441] [abs].
- Bridgen, DT; Fearing, BV; Jing, L; Sanchez-Adams, J; Cohan, MC; Guilak, F; Chen, J; Setton, LA, Regulation of human nucleus pulposus cells by peptide-coupled substrates., Acta Biomaterialia, vol 55 (2017), pp. 100-108 [10.1016/j.actbio.2017.04.019] [abs].
- Liu, B; Goode, AP; Carter, TE; Utturkar, GM; Huebner, JL; Taylor, DC; Moorman, CT; Garrett, WE; Kraus, VB; Guilak, F; DeFrate, LE; McNulty, AL, Matrix metalloproteinase activity and prostaglandin E2 are elevated in the synovial fluid of meniscus tear patients., Connective Tissue Research (Informa), vol 58 no. 3-4 (2017), pp. 305-316 [10.1080/03008207.2016.1256391] [abs].