Corinne Mary Linardic
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Pediatric Sarcomas: Sarcomas are among the most difficult-to-treat cancers in pediatric oncology, with metastatic forms having the highest mortality. We have established genetically defined human cell-based models for the pediatric skeletal muscle cancer known as rhabdomyosarcoma. Current therapies are based on xenograft models in immunocompromised mice, using established patient-derived patient cell lines, but because of the genetic variability of these cell lines, a true understanding of the causative role of certain genetic changes (e.g. chromosomal translocations and oncogenic Ras) in rhabdomyosarcoma formation is not understood. Specific goals of this research program include the identification of signaling pathways corrupted in rhabdomyosarcoma, with focus on the PAX3-FOXO1 mutation and its downstream effectors and oncogenic Ras, and identification of new therapeutic targets for treatment of this childhood cancer.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics
- Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: LSRC Bldg Rm B361F, Research Drive, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3401
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duke University, 2001
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 1999
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 1998
- M.D. Duke University, 1995
- Ph.D. Duke University, 1993
- PHARM 393: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 493: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 494: Research Independent Study
- Crose, LES; Etheridge, KT; Chen, C; Belyea, B; Talbot, LJ; Bentley, RC; Linardic, CM, FGFR4 blockade exerts distinct antitumorigenic effects in human embryonal versus alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma., Clinical cancer research : an official journal of the American Association for Cancer Research, vol 18 no. 14 (2012), pp. 3780-3790 [10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-10-3063] [abs].
- Ignatius, MS; Chen, E; Elpek, NM; Fuller, AZ; Tenente, IM; Clagg, R; Liu, S; Blackburn, JS; Linardic, CM; Rosenberg, AE; Nielsen, PG; Mempel, TR; Langenau, DM, In vivo imaging of tumor-propagating cells, regional tumor heterogeneity, and dynamic cell movements in embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma., Cancer Cell, vol 21 no. 5 (2012), pp. 680-693 [10.1016/j.ccr.2012.03.043] [abs].
- Belyea, B; Kephart, JG; Blum, J; Kirsch, DG; Linardic, CM, Embryonic signaling pathways and rhabdomyosarcoma: contributions to cancer development and opportunities for therapeutic targeting., Sarcoma, vol 2012 (2012) [10.1155/2012/406239] [abs].
- Belyea, BC; Naini, S; Bentley, RC; Linardic, CM, Inhibition of the Notch-Hey1 axis blocks embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma tumorigenesis., Clinical cancer research : an official journal of the American Association for Cancer Research, vol 17 no. 23 (2011), pp. 7324-7336 [10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-11-1004] [abs].
- Crose, LES; Linardic, CM, Receptor tyrosine kinases as therapeutic targets in rhabdomyosarcoma., Sarcoma, vol 2011 (2011) [10.1155/2011/756982] [abs].
- Naini, S; Etheridge, KT; Adam, SJ; Qualman, SJ; Bentley, RC; Counter, CM; Linardic, CM, Defining the cooperative genetic changes that temporally drive alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma., Cancer Research, vol 68 no. 23 (2008), pp. 9583-9588 [10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-07-6178] [abs].
- Linardic, CM, PAX3-FOXO1 fusion gene in rhabdomyosarcoma., Cancer Letters, vol 270 no. 1 (2008), pp. 10-18 [10.1016/j.canlet.2008.03.035] [abs].
- Linardic, CM; Counter, CM, Genetic modeling of Ras-induced human rhabdomyosarcoma., Methods in Enzymology, vol 438 (2008), pp. 419-427 [10.1016/S0076-6879(07)38028-2] [abs].
- Linardic, CM; Naini, S; Herndon, JE; Kesserwan, C; Qualman, SJ; Counter, CM, The PAX3-FKHR fusion gene of rhabdomyosarcoma cooperates with loss of p16INK4A to promote bypass of cellular senescence., Cancer Research, vol 67 no. 14 (2007), pp. 6691-6699 [10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-06-3210] [abs].
- Kendall, SD; Linardic, CM; Adam, SJ; Counter, CM, A network of genetic events sufficient to convert normal human cells to a tumorigenic state., Cancer Research, vol 65 no. 21 (2005), pp. 9824-9828 [10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-05-1543] [abs].
- Linardic, CM; Downie, DL; Qualman, S; Bentley, RC; Counter, CM, Genetic modeling of human rhabdomyosarcoma., Cancer Research, vol 65 no. 11 (2005), pp. 4490-4495 [10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-04-3194] [abs].