Rooney Family Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Rooney Family Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Associate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Affiliate of the Regeneration Next Initiative
- Office Location: 2353C CIEMAS, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 613-2147
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Pages:
- Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2006
- B.S. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2001
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2012
- BME 260L: Modeling Cellular and Molecular Systems
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 562: Biology by Design (GE, MC)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- EGR 491: Projects in Engineering
- Black, JB; Adler, AF; Wang, H-G; D'Ippolito, AM; Hutchinson, HA; Reddy, TE; Pitt, GS; Leong, KW; Gersbach, CA, Targeted Epigenetic Remodeling of Endogenous Loci by CRISPR/Cas9-Based Transcriptional Activators Directly Converts Fibroblasts to Neuronal Cells., Cell Stem Cell, vol 19 no. 3 (2016), pp. 406-414 [10.1016/j.stem.2016.07.001] [abs].
- Maeder, ML; Gersbach, CA, Genome-editing Technologies for Gene and Cell Therapy., Molecular Therapy, vol 24 no. 3 (2016), pp. 430-446 [10.1038/mt.2016.10] [abs].
- Thakore, PI; Black, JB; Hilton, IB; Gersbach, CA, Editing the epigenome: technologies for programmable transcription and epigenetic modulation., Nature Methods, vol 13 no. 2 (2016), pp. 127-137 [10.1038/nmeth.3733] [abs].
- Nelson, CE; Hakim, CH; Ousterout, DG; Thakore, PI; Moreb, EA; Castellanos Rivera, RM; Madhavan, S; Pan, X; Ran, FA; Yan, WX; Asokan, A; Zhang, F; Duan, D; Gersbach, CA, In vivo genome editing improves muscle function in a mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy., Science, vol 351 no. 6271 (2016), pp. 403-407 [10.1126/science.aad5143] [abs].
- Thakore, PI; D'Ippolito, AM; Song, L; Safi, A; Shivakumar, NK; Kabadi, AM; Reddy, TE; Crawford, GE; Gersbach, CA, Highly specific epigenome editing by CRISPR-Cas9 repressors for silencing of distal regulatory elements., Nature Methods, vol 12 no. 12 (2015), pp. 1143-1149 [10.1038/nmeth.3630] [abs].
- Hilton, IB; D'Ippolito, AM; Vockley, CM; Thakore, PI; Crawford, GE; Reddy, TE; Gersbach, CA, Epigenome editing by a CRISPR-Cas9-based acetyltransferase activates genes from promoters and enhancers., Nature Biotechnology, vol 33 no. 5 (2015), pp. 510-517 [10.1038/nbt.3199] [abs].
- Polstein, LR; Gersbach, CA, A light-inducible CRISPR-Cas9 system for control of endogenous gene activation., Nature Chemical Biology, vol 11 no. 3 (2015), pp. 198-200 [10.1038/nchembio.1753] [abs].
- Ousterout, DG; Kabadi, AM; Thakore, PI; Majoros, WH; Reddy, TE; Gersbach, CA, Multiplex CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing for correction of dystrophin mutations that cause Duchenne muscular dystrophy., Nature Communications, vol 6 (2015) [10.1038/ncomms7244] [abs].
- Perez-Pinera, P; Kocak, DD; Vockley, CM; Adler, AF; Kabadi, AM; Polstein, LR; Thakore, PI; Glass, KA; Ousterout, DG; Leong, KW; Guilak, F; Crawford, GE; Reddy, TE; Gersbach, CA, RNA-guided gene activation by CRISPR-Cas9-based transcription factors., Nature Methods, vol 10 no. 10 (2013), pp. 973-976 [10.1038/nmeth.2600] [abs].