Benjamin Aaron Alman
James R. Urbaniak, M.D., Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- James R. Urbaniak, M.D., Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
- Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Chair of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor in Cell Biology
- Professor in Pediatrics
- Professor in the Department of Pathology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Co-Director of the Regeneration Next Initiative
- Email Address: email@example.com
- M.D. Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, 1986
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- New Investigator Recognition Award Winners. Orthopaedic Research Society. 1992
- PATHOL 793: Research Independent Study
In the News
- Cheese curds and mustard baths: 6 wacky ways Olympians prep for competition (Aug 8, 2016 | STAT )
- Scientists Trace Origin Cell of Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors, Test Drug Target (Jul 15, 2016)
- Duke Study: Old Bones Can Regain Youthful Healing Power (May 20, 2015)
- Gene Mutation Drives Cartilage Tumor Formation (Feb 17, 2015)
- Birnkrant, DJ; Bushby, K; Bann, CM; Alman, BA; Apkon, SD; Blackwell, A; Case, LE; Cripe, L; Hadjiyannakis, S; Olson, AK; Sheehan, DW; Bolen, J; Weber, DR; Ward, LM; DMD Care Considerations Working Group, , Diagnosis and management of Duchenne muscular dystrophy, part 2: respiratory, cardiac, bone health, and orthopaedic management., The Lancet Neurology, vol 17 no. 4 (2018), pp. 347-361 [10.1016/s1474-4422(18)30025-5] [abs].
- Baht, GS; Vi, L; Alman, BA, The Role of the Immune Cells in Fracture Healing., Current Osteoporosis Reports, vol 16 no. 2 (2018), pp. 138-145 [10.1007/s11914-018-0423-2] [abs].
- Hsu, S-HC; Nadesan, P; Puviindran, V; Stallcup, WB; Kirsch, DG; Alman, BA, Effects of chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 4 (NG2/CSPG4) on soft-tissue sarcoma growth depend on tumor developmental stage., The Journal of biological chemistry, vol 293 no. 7 (2018), pp. 2466-2475 [10.1074/jbc.m117.805051] [abs].
- Nousiainen, MT; Mironova, P; Hynes, M; Glover Takahashi, S; Reznick, R; Kraemer, W; Alman, B; Ferguson, P, Eight-year outcomes of a competency-based residency training program in orthopedic surgery, Medical Teacher (Informa) (2018), pp. 1-13 [10.1080/0142159X.2017.1421751] [abs].
- Mercier, KA; Al-Jazrawe, M; Poon, R; Acuff, Z; Alman, B, A Metabolomics Pilot Study on Desmoid Tumors and Novel Drug Candidates., Scientific Reports, vol 8 no. 1 (2018) [10.1038/s41598-017-18921-7] [abs].